Me and some locals started a new garage band and my house is going to be where we practice...this includes the drummer. What's the best way to sound proof a garage to keep the noise to a minimum in the rest of the house??? Any ideas other than put a mattress up against the door to the house would be appreciated lol

Could really use your guys help here.

Thank you!
Egg cartons, lots of them.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
i would say egg boxes but that only works on treble and even then barely at all. a good thing would be to raise your amps and drums off of the ground so the bass is contained . also make sure to fill any holes in walls and put something around gaps in doors and windows etc.
Egg cartons and blankets. Not the best for soundproofing, but you can find these anywhere.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by SG_dave
i would say egg boxes but that only works on treble and even then barely at all. a good thing would be to raise your amps and drums off of the ground so the bass is contained . also make sure to fill any holes in walls and put something around gaps in doors and windows etc.

That's almost exactly what I was going to say...

Oh, you could always just buy the soundproofing stuff if you have enough money.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by graybass_20x6
Egg cartons and blankets. Not the best for soundproofing, but you can find these anywhere.

And you'll be toasty warm!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
roll blankets up and put them under the gaps at the door
and stick a blanket in the bass drum,it dulls the sound
well at least thats what theyve done to the drums at my school
and get a tube of polyfilla and put it in the gaps

god you can see ive never done that before.....
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Not cheap, but getting that soundproofing foam would be a good idea. Soundproofing should be done well.
The best solution would be to get hold of a load of soundproofing tiles
My band are getting a load of Ebay at roughly £100 ($200) for 80 1'x1' tiles
ohai little sig.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
And you'll be toasty warm!

Makes me crave a nice cup of hot tea or chocolate.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
if your gonna use egg boxes, make sure you fill them with somthing like foam before you stick em to your wall
My one mate robbed a load of rubber flooring from a playground and sound proofed his studio with that. Maybe you could buy some of that stuff online...
Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Highway One
Cort Electro Acoustic Jobby
Cort Curbow 5

Amp:
Fender Twin