hello, i'm about to buy a strat, and i'm having a hard time deciding between an highway one strat to american standard.
I've tried both on a Fender Blues Deluxe reissue amp, and they both feel & sounds amazing.
i loved the tune and the versatility of the highway one more then the American standard. but the Highway one just didn't feel like the American standard, you know what i mean?

one more problem is that the american standard cost about 600$ more then a highway one on my country .

so should i wait like 1 year for a standard or get the highway one now?
Well, the Highway One is suited for a tad bit heavier music and things.

I'd get the H1 just now, you'll get used to the feel and things.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, the Highway One is suited for a tad bit heavier music and things.

I'd get the H1 just now, you'll get used to the feel and things.

i'm talking about the single coils highway one with the nitro finish.
and i don't play heavy music like metal & hard rock....

i'm more of a fan of David gilmour tunes & other classic rock bands.
Quote by pothead6
i'm talking about the single coils highway one with the nitro finish.
and i don't play heavy music like metal & hard rock....

i'm more of a fan of David gilmour tunes & other classic rock bands.

It's still designed for modern music though. There's a video explaining it on the Fender website, I'll fetch it for you in a second. It's meant to be a cross inbetween a humbucker and a single coil, so you can get single coil tones, but it overdrives quicker than a standard Strat.

EDIT: http://www.fender.com/highwayone/
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
It's still designed for modern music though. There's a video explaining it on the Fender website, I'll fetch it for you in a second. It's meant to be a cross inbetween a humbucker and a single coil, so you can get single coil tones, but it overdrives quicker than a standard Strat.

EDIT: http://www.fender.com/highwayone/

Thank you. ill look into it.
I myself had a hard time choosing between an H1 and an MIA Standard. I went with the Standard, 'cause I wasn't a big fan of the nitro finish on the H1... My Standard cost me $1000, and the H1 would've been around $800 I think. I also like the hand rolled edges on my fingerboard, and the overall feel of the fretboard and neck.

But, if you can get the H1 for that cheap, then by all means, do it up. I'm not a fan of the 70's headstock though. You can check out a snapshot of my guitar in my profile if you want.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I myself had a hard time choosing between an H1 and an MIA Standard. I went with the Standard, 'cause I wasn't a big fan of the nitro finish on the H1... My Standard cost me $1000, and the H1 would've been around $800 I think. I also like the hand rolled edges on my fingerboard, and the overall feel of the fretboard and neck.

But, if you can get the H1 for that cheap, then by all means, do it up. I'm not a fan of the 70's headstock though. You can check out a snapshot of my guitar in my profile if you want.

I think the 70s headstock looks cool with the guitar left in it's natural finish, and a maple fingerboard.

Awwww yeaahhh.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
lol btw the nitro finish thing is just a marketing scam.
the thin finish is really thin , there is still a huge layer of poly under the nitro .
same goes to the 57/62 reissues but the poly is thinner .
Quote by Lil Macker
I think the 70s headstock looks cool with the guitar left in it's natural finish, and a maple fingerboard.

Awwww yeaahhh.

I think it looks awesome with the maple fingerboard and the honey blonde color.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

that's my problem, i think the highway one sounds brilliant but the american standard is so goddamn sexy!

the craftsmanship.....
the feel & neck....
that beautiful 60' headstock....

the only problem is that huge price tag