Im my no means a noob guitarist, but ive only ever used Solid State amps.
Now im considerign buying my first serious, high quality amp, as i shall be gigging alot soon. The Peavey 6505 REALLY fits what i want, but i have no idea how cabs and heads go together / work.
Say i buy the 6505 head, what cab should i get for it?
thanks in advance.
You can get pretty much any cab for it, just make sure the speaker impedance and ohm distribution match up. List some potential cabs and I will tell you if they are compatible.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The impedance of the cab has to match the impedance of the head (it's usually switchable between 4, 8 and 16). Also, the cab has to be able to take at least as much watts as the head can put out.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Sep 7, 2008,
I use some kind of Marshall 4x12 with v30s with it and it's all good

edit:
Quote by flipthatchicken
Cheers guys
Marshall 1960A 4x12??

yes, that one
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
trivium use a marshall 1960a cab or summin with peavey 6506+ heads, so thats obviously a sweet combination if you want that kinda tone
Quote by gilmourish
trivium use a marshall 1960a cab or summin with peavey 6506+ heads, so thats obviously a sweet combination if you want that kinda tone

SWEET.
Thanks to all of you, im ordering the head and cab as we speak
Quote by Fama
The impedance of the cab has to match the impedance of the head (it's usually switchable between 4, 8 and 16). Also, the head has to be able to take at least as much watts as the head can put out.

That does not make sense at all. What he meant to say is that the cab speakers should be able to handle as much watts as the head is rated at. Even then, you could still use lower-rated speakers as long as you don't turn up the amp too much which will result in blowing them.

I however do not quite recommend doing this though.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Actually Trivium used the 1960BV cabinets - the one with vintage 30's. They compliment the 6505 much better than the speakers in the 1960A/B
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by evening_crow
That does not make sense at all.

Indeed it doesn't, fixed now
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.