I've been looking for a gibson for ages, but after having a trial use of my friends SG i realise.. Fender are better, Gibson fretboards are so cramped so i'l stay loyal to fender... i was thinking about a telecaster as ive alrerady got a strat, id probably get the US standard, but what do you think about a telecaster with a humbucker on the neck? Discuss
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I prefer the SS ones, unless you like a fat neck sound.

So yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Based on the Telecaster forums, neck humbuckers/P90s are some of the more common pickup mods. Though if you're into humbuckers in general, you might want to look at the Tele Deluxe.
Fender Telecaster Custom has a single in the bride and a 'bucker in the neck

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
the tele deluxe is awesome. i love it. of course, you have to go with the usual mod of swapping the pots to 500k (which i havent got round to doing yet), but even before then its brilliant.

you could even install a coil tap when you swap the pots for more versatility.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
ahh thanks for that guys.. i probably will stick with the SS cos i like my treble
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
the ones with two humbuckers(not sure what they are called) are pretty good too though, I played one in guitar center and I thought it was great. I'd prolly still go with the american standard though since you have the money, that gives the original tele twang sound.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^