I was unable to find a specific thread for the band, only threads mentioning them so i thought i would make one.

I bought 'Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces' and i adore it, it's just got such catchy songs with great lyrics. A lot of peoples say they sound like Nirvana, even Shaun doesn't deny it, they play Nirvana songs live sometimes like they did at the Download Festival this year, but i find they have taken parts of Nirvana and put a harder edge on it, i just find them very enjoyable to listen to.

Views?
Manchester United
Love them so much. Shaun's a BEAST!!!! He's f*cking huge. The songs are killer, too. I bet Shaun Morgan could kill Chuck Norris.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
They're a decent band.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Shabalaba
I haven't heard much of their older stuff, how does it compare?

Being a grunge fan, I think their first album Fragile is great. They were than called Saron Gas (after a song name, apparently). I'd say it's worth purchasing, but at the very least, download it
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
I quite like Seether. They're not the biggest band, nor are they the best (imo) but I def enjoy listening to them every so often.
Seether is a great band. I share a birthday with Shaun (Dec 21). Also, their Nirvana covers are really good. My favorite album is Disclaimer.
The sun is gone, but I have a light.
I don't think they are nu metal... I mean, if their is a thread there, ok. But, I think they are pretty grunge if you ask me... with the Nirvana influence and all (Post grunge? Bah, I hate those kind of labels).

EDIT: I just searched and I didn't see any current threads on Seether. Especially in the Nu Metal forum. There was one that Frenchy closed in Modern Rock, saying it should be in Nu Metal. Honestly, I don't consider this band to be Nu Metal. They came into the mainstream after that scene died, I think. Plus their songs aren't very Nu Metal-ish. If it is put to a vote, I say this thread should stay. If it's moved that's fine, but I just wanted my two cents in.

Fine Again and Truth are great songs btw.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I don't think they are nu metal... I mean, if their is a thread there, ok. But, I think they are pretty grunge if you ask me... with the Nirvana influence and all (Post grunge? Bah, I hate those kind of labels).

EDIT: I just searched and I didn't see any current threads on Seether. Especially in the Nu Metal forum. There was one that Frenchy closed in Modern Rock, saying it should be in Nu Metal. Honestly, I don't consider this band to be Nu Metal. They came into the mainstream after that scene died, I think. Plus their songs aren't very Nu Metal-ish. If it is put to a vote, I say this thread should stay. If it's moved that's fine, but I just wanted my two cents in.

Fine Again and Truth are great songs btw.

Grunge is a scene, not a sound per sé.

And I'm happy for it to stay here, it's just when I think Seether, I think Nu Metal. Who knows.

And I did search the Nu Metal forum for a Seether thread.. I found three or four in there Most of them were shut though. Who cares though.

I think I said I've only heard one Seether song - Remedy - and that song kicks arse in a big way - are they all like that or somewhere near it?
No, not all their songs are like Remedy. Youtube the ones I mentioned. They have a good range of sounds. Also try Fake It, Gasoline, and Broken.
Quote by Article

I have been a fan of Seether for a while. I adore the new album too. I would keep them in modern rock rather than putting them in nu metal for sure. I had never picked up on the sounds of Nirvana with a harder edge but as I listen to the new album I definitely hear it. Finding beauty in Negative Spaces is a great, great, album. I think of Seether as the king's of all modern rock. Favorite song right now off the album is Fake It
Quote by Uber-rocker
I'm sure this would belong in the Nu Metal forum..

Remedy's a great song.

When I first heard Remedy from a friend I was obsessed with it for a good month or so
YEAH
ah yes SEETHER who doesn't know them. Also one of my favorite bands,
my Favorite track is Ciggarettes.
YEAH that's some good piece of ****
I remember seeing Saron Gas (they only name they should be known by :P ) in bars in Cape Town when they were in their "true form" . Fragile is definitely the best album that has probably ever come out of South Africa and definitely portrays Seether as who they truly are as a band . They have definitely lost their touch and you guys definitely do not "know" Seether until you have heard Fragile. So hunt that album down!
Last edited by 21Fretter at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by guitarheroII
Love them so much. Shaun's a BEAST!!!! He's f*cking huge. The songs are killer, too. I bet Shaun Morgan could kill Chuck Norris.

The only thing I've been impressed with from them is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwLOaCGG60
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Seether is a great band, shaun really does a good job with the songwriting and vocals. all of their albums are great
RIP Dime

Long Live Metal
I saw them a week or so back in Brisbane. Great show.

I was a huge fan of old school Seether, but it just seems that, you know, they've lost their edge on the past two albums? I mean, the first two were real heavy, powerful...it just seems they've sold out a little bit on the past 2. Fake It and Rise above This are great songs though.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Love seether, saw them live in houston with Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. Remedy is my favorite song by them
Eh...I'm not really a die hard fan...I like The Gift though.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Shabalaba
I haven't heard much of their older stuff, how does it compare?

i personally think they're older stuff is much, much better than Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces...
Karma and Effect, especially. that album rocks...
and another thing, i think Seether is proly one of the best bands i've heard play acoustic...amazing...
Heard a decent amount of Seether, enough to know that they're a good band. Albums are on the list for Christmas, so we'll see how we go.
Believe in me, I know you've waited for so long
Believe in me, sometimes the weak become the strong
Believe in me, this life's not always what it seems
Believe in me, cos I was made for chasing dreams
Not really a favorite of mine, seems like they are copying Nirvana to much, but atleast they are copying a good band right.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
To me, Seether is one of those solid rock bands. I don't think they're the best out there or a band that's breaking new ground, etc, but I have all of their albums on my computer and I'll gladly listen to any one of them. Production on (I believe it was) there last album was sweet. Hmm, now I'm wondering if it's their last album I'm thinking of or not.
I've got Disclaimer II, i love their sound, but am bored by the songs themselves. As a grunge fan, there are many other bands i'd rather listen to.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
i like them, although the only album i own is karma & effect
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by soundgarden19
Not really a favorite of mine, seems like they are copying Nirvana to much, but atleast they are copying a good band right.

agreed, id much rather listen to seether than listen to buckcherry or nickelback.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I think they are an amazing band. To me, they sound like the old grunge bands of the 90's and that's just what I've been looking for in this day and age of pop punk and emo.
Seether are Awesome (capital A ).

There so rhymic and melodic and so many times I was stuck in Seether heaven.
(i've been stuck in Nirvana Heaven, Three Days Grace Heaven and Breaking Benjamin Heaven before...it's good there)

Anywhozen, there early work is so much better (Disclaimer and Fragile) than there early work. I love songs like 69 Tea and Driven Under (the Disclaimer version as the chorus of Fragiles version is a whole different chorus)
Last edited by unholyjebus at Jan 18, 2009,