I'm looking for SRV tones. I'm modding a Pacifica and I was gonna get regular Fender p/ups, but i dont have the money for those. I like the way Texas Specials sound. I'm going with GFS, so what's the closest to a Texas Special they have? If there's any other brands that are in the same price range that make good Texas Special-esque p/ups, im open to suggestions.

I might get a humbucker-sized P90 for the bridge, but I think i just wanna go pure-strat and stick the single coil in the humbucker cavity. How are GFS Dream 90's?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I'd probably go with the Neovin (Noise-free) Mega Texas pickups
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Isn't there a loss of tone when you're using noisless single coils? I don't really care much about a bit of hum if i have better tone.

Edit: I just read about the Neovin's, i don't think they're what I'm looking for. seems like they'd sound too much like humbuckers. I want strat tone.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Last edited by BD 425 at Sep 7, 2008,
anyone?
so you want singles with single tone?

okay then I'd say Premium Texas Strat Set, or maybe the Boston Blues

Comepare.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

I'm leaning towards the Boston Blues, cause I really like the clean tones on songs like Lenny and Riviera Paradise. I think the Premium Texas Strat set would be too hot. Or would they?

What about the 1960s Repro sets and the Strat [Texas/Vintage] Stagger sets?
Last edited by BD 425 at Sep 8, 2008,
If you want more cleans, then go with the Boston Blues, if you like it a little more dirty, or with punch, however you wanna say it, then I'd go for hotter pickups.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Thanks. Just a question, how do their "Vintage" wound pickups sound in comparison to their "Texas" wound?
Pre wired 3 single coil strat pickguard for $32?

That would be pimp.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by BD 425
Thanks. Just a question, how do their "Vintage" wound pickups sound in comparison to their "Texas" wound?

I think vintage are wound to specific specs from periods, like, vintage wires, hand bevelled magnets, stuff like that.

Texas are wound differently to get a more, (you guessed it) texas rock kinda tone.

I can't give you the details exactly, I'm not a pickup expert.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Øttər
Pre wired 3 single coil strat pickguard for $32?

That would be pimp.

Lol. how do they sound? They dont give a specific model of pickups... I would assume that getting the pickups seperate would give me better pickups.