i was wondering if anybody played guitar in their schools winter persuccion and how hard the music is, and what i need to know and any certain techniques the music requires......thanks!
hey i played guitar in marching band (not winterguard) expecting it to be challenging, but not hard. lemme tell ya, it was hard. you better have shreddin chops if you dont want to let anyone down. so if you dont thing ur too good i suggest to dont apply to be in the winter guard
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Quote by guitarockstar99
i was wondering if anybody played guitar in their schools winter persuccion...
Quote by musiclover_92
I reommend drummerworld for this question...this is mostly guitar/bassist I think
haha
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
i think it will be alot of arpeggios (sweeping) im expecting you will be playing in the pit so thats what the zylophones and stuff do in my school
no it would be what the song it. like we play muse songs in our shows and theres bass and guitar they plays what muse plays and chords
Quote by ramm_ty
haha

how many people here really do winter percussion though, most of the drummers there know the music...and from experience. the dificulty is about the same.
Quote by musiclover_92
how many people here really do winter percussion though, most of the drummers there know the music...and from experience. the dificulty is about the same.

He's laughing at you because you recommended a drummer's forum when the guy clearly asked about playing GUITAR.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
percussionists who have been in winter percussion ensembles, played the music, and spoken to and rehearsed with guitarists who played with would probably know more about the music (and difficulty thereof) in such an ensemble then guitarists who have never been near one.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm