My friend bought this for me a while ago rather then pay me back money he owed me. Haven't really used it for months. Knew it wouldn't work with Vista.

But, I checked the M-Audio site and I downloaded the drivers I needed in order to install the software and interface. Everything installed successfully but, I'm getting no sound.

Yesterday, I tried hooking up my guitar and an old Casio keyboard and I got nothing. Matter of fact, seemed like my laptops speakers just stopped working altogether when the Fast Track was plugged in (wasn't getting ANY sound at all). So, today I decided to just work with the loops on Session. No sound, and I needed to have the Fast Track plugged in to even start Session.

I checked my laptops speaker settings and... aw hell, I really have no idea. I'm pretty lost. Maybe I tried everything, maybe I didn't. I figured I'd rather ask for help from some UG people then call all the way across the country to California (no 1-800 number? Really?) just to be jerked around by tech support. Help, anyone?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
In order to get sound through your laptop speakers you would need to plug in an output (probably your headphone out) from the Fast Track to the Line In of your laptop. Then check the windows volume control panel to make sure line in isn;t muted and the input volume is turned up. You should be aware that you won't have any effects or antyhing, you'll hear raw guitar.

Typically you'd use some type of software to process the guitar signal. Either a stand alone program or VST plugin running within a host. SOmething like GTR, Amplitube, Etc....
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!