In my ibanez acoustic... it's getting worse all the time... now from the A barre chord and Dm barre chord... almost all notes are really out of tune... haven't change strings for about 2 and half monthes but it shouldn't matter right?...
I discovered the exact same problem on my acoustic as well today (Simon&Patrick Luthier).
But only on the high E string.
Any help?

What I found really odd is that if I tune the high E string right, then the higher notes will be off. But the frets ARE placed correctly. The 1st harmonic (the one above the 12th fret) sounds perfect, the note on the 12th fret is 8Hz too low (according to my tuner).
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Sounds like your intonation is off, I'm not sure how to fix it on an acoustic though, should be pretty easy.
Quote by PedroLesPaulVM
Sounds like your intonation is off, I'm not sure how to fix it on an acoustic though, should be pretty easy.

Figured, just do you have an idea on how it is fixed? On electric maybe (as you alrdy said you don't know how on acoustic)
Would a change of strings help? (as my 1st thought is that the E string ppb lost some tensity, therefore being more off as you rise on the fretboard)
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
try changing the strings. i personally dont like to keep strings on for any more than a month, absolute maximum. it might help.
but to be honest, intonation on acoustics is a lot of aggro, if you cant adjust the saddles or the bridge.
if new strings dont help, take it to a shop and ask them if they can help.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
If it's getting worse over time, your bridge may be lifting or your soundboard may be bulging - or both! Both will throw out your intonation by slightly shortening your string lengths. Check the bottom of your bridge for a gap and check out the top of your guitar from the side and see if there is a bulge under the bridge.
Quote by milagroso
If it's getting worse over time, your bridge may be lifting or your soundboard may be bulging - or both! Both will throw out your intonation by slightly shortening your string lengths. Check the bottom of your bridge for a gap and check out the top of your guitar from the side and see if there is a bulge under the bridge.

that's definitely possible. especially since ibanez acoustic guitars are notorious for poor quality control.

The solution for bad intonation is a setup. bring your guitar into a store and they should be able to lower your action and get the intonation closer to where it should be.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.