Basically, im playing in a band at the moment who plays kind of rise against, mcr, offspring sort of thing At the moment i play an ibanez grg170 dx which tbh im now sick of and am moving on.

I'm probably going to have a budget of up to 600 pounds i reckons... I was thinking prehaps a synster custom or standard because i hear they have an amazing sound and i really enjoy playing metal solos in the style of a7x etc and don't want to loose that option. Was also considering perhaps looking into an ibanez JEM 555 but im not sure.

So yeah, any input into this decision would be appreciated =D

Thx
Perhaps one of the new ibanez sv's? 24 frets and a pretty 1337 trem.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Those are nice looking guitars, but I'm not a fan of the invader pickups. What's your amp?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
If you dont need a whammy bar, an Epi LP would work well. If you do, an Ibanez S series would be great, if you can afford it.
Playing through a fender 210R not tooo fond of it but its reasonably powerful, also playing through a zoomGU2.1 effects pedal
Quote by XzRagnarOx
Playing through a fender 210R not tooo fond of it but its reasonably powerful, also playing through a zoomGU2.1 effects pedal

From my experience, you would be better off not getting the Synyster because its pickups don't agree with SS amps. The Fender solid states aren't awful though, so a new guitar would be a good change of pace.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
imo the Jackson randy rhoads v gets one of the best tones out there. Plus you can look awesome playing it on your knee like alexi laiho. I'm not sure how it will work with what you"ll be playing but it's amazingly versatile.
Quote by XzRagnarOx
Any opinions on the JEM555?

It's not very good - a Prestige RG is much better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's not very good - a Prestige RG is much better.

I second that.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
The Syn custom is amazing for sure, but the issue is if you get really good would you really want to be playing someone else's guitar? I mean that's a great guitar but it's also very uniquely his. If you don't mind it though then for sure get it. In anycase it all depends on what kind of amp/effects you've got going on. The B.C.Rich mockingbird might be a good guitar to check out.

Or you could always buy a guitar you think looks and feels good and replace the pickups with some seymour duncan JB and SH-8 pickups, they'd probably be best suited for what you want. Remember, you can always adjust the action on a guitar, but the neck shape is permanent, so find one that's comfortable.

And btw, I love your influences, if I had it my way my band would sound like some combination of those bands with some blues rock thrown in the mix. But it's so hard to find people who have the same vision /dream.
Schecter Fan Club!

My gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Epiphone Les paul Slash Signature
Ovation 2778LX
Boss DD-20
Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
Kustom Quad 100DFX
Vox AD100VT-XL
Epiphone prophecy futura FX.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!