I'm going to order a VIP carved top from Warmoth. But before I do I want to know, Is getting it cut for a FR a good idea?

The VIP is basically a PRS type body, I've seen PRS's with normal strat tremolos but I've never seen one with a FR.

Anybody have a carved top guitar with a FR?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Why would it matter? The place the FR posts sit on will be flat.

Yeah, its fine.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ hahaha! Once I'm a big enough deal to have a techie do all of my restringing, intonnating, and tuning, then maybe I'd consider a Floyd.
Quote by jscustomguitars
A Folyd Rose is never a good idea or any trem for that matter!

i like your style! no trems ftw.

anyways, it should be fine if it can use a strat style trem. but the FR trems are a bitch to keep working properly. my roommate had one and it seemed every week it had another problem with tuning, or action, or something. ive got no trems, and dont have any real problems with my guitars, he has had 2 guitars with FR's on em, and seems like one is never working.
Quote by chris024
i like your style! no trems ftw.

anyways, it should be fine if it can use a strat style trem. but the FR trems are a bitch to keep working properly. my roommate had one and it seemed every week it had another problem with tuning, or action, or something. ive got no trems, and dont have any real problems with my guitars, he has had 2 guitars with FR's on em, and seems like one is never working.

I bet your roommate had a shit trem then. I have a licensed floyd on my jackson and I've never had any problems with it. Restringing takes like 5 longer than it would otherwise, but when I've stretched the strings it stays in tune DEAD ON. I abuse it daily and it hasn't gone out of tune because of that yet...
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I bet your roommate had a shit trem then. I have a licensed floyd on my jackson and I've never had any problems with it. Restringing takes like 5 longer than it would otherwise, but when I've stretched the strings it stays in tune DEAD ON. I abuse it daily and it hasn't gone out of tune because of that yet...

Thats one of my fears, I tried FR's on guitars in the stores and love them. But I'm afraid that once I get one I wont like it. Then what? I'm ****ed, spent all this money on parts for this custom guitar, cut out a huge ass hole for the FR and now I dont like it.

Thats my main fear.

If I get a FR then I'll have one guitar with each string system (except a Bigsby).

All this negative FR talk isnt helping my decision.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox