Ok so when a practice i just practice one thing like, chord changes, strumming, Blues etc. I seem to be getting bored with just practising just one thing each session, which means i get frustrated alot easier. Is it best to practise one thing each session or to spread it out between a few different things ? Ive only been playing a few weeks now and i think my problem is i wanna be a rock god now !!!! I don't seem to be progressing very fast.
I just practice what I want. It's meant to be fun, not frustrating. If you want to be a "rock god", take your time at it. It doesn't happen overnight! lol
ive been playing for three years now and i really dont think im an advance player yet. i take my time practicing and i know its gonna come soon. and with your problem, i think you should do whatever you like the least and work on that then work your way up to the stuff you like the most so you have something to look forward to during your practice session
The best way for me is to start in an easy key like C major, run up and down the scales starting from each note then start changing positions mid scale run. . . then do G major, then work with pentatonic and blues, then some harmonic minor and diminished scales, then work with taps and sweeps a little and by that point I take a break and rest a little while then hit it again within 30 minutes doing whatever. Part of practice is business the other part is fun. As long as you get everything right it doesn't matter.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by davidskan1
Ok so when a practice i just practice one thing like, chord changes, strumming, Blues etc. I seem to be getting bored with just practising just one thing each session, which means i get frustrated alot easier. Is it best to practise one thing each session or to spread it out between a few different things ? Ive only been playing a few weeks now and i think my problem is i wanna be a rock god now !!!! I don't seem to be progressing very fast.

You won't see anything after a few weeks, and even when you do progress you won't notice it - it's only when you look back over a few months that you realise you've developed.

However, for the first few months you're literally just getting used to the feel of the guitar and you have to be patient. If you allow yourself to get bored because you can't do things immediately then you'll never get anywhere, it takes time to learn the guitar and the most important thing is to give yourself a strong foundation by learning the basics (ie the boring stuff) thoroughly. Forget all about your dreams of becoming a rock god for the time being and set youself realistic short term goals, like learning to play a chord cleanly, learning to switch between chords smoothly, stuff like that. Once your hands begin to get understand the physical actions required of them to play this big lump of wood in you hands then you can start looking for some songs. Take things slowly and don't try to learn too much at once...it's not a race, you've got the rest of your life to learn to play the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanx guys. And Steven Seagull i love your whisky in the jar solo. Thats what i wanna be able to do one day.