well, me and my buddies have been doing some phycidelic stuff like pink floyd, and we know this guy who is a dj, do you think that that could fit the band? like we use a lot of effects (not on guitars, like sound effects in general). you guys think its a good idea, or is it too wierd?
sounds like a good idea. i mean he could handle the samples and sound effects in live shows. and maybe you can add a scratching thing somewhere in there. sounds cool
Wierd is fantastic. The guitarist from sonic youth stuck a screwdriver under his strings and hit his guitar with a drumstick to create some of his sounds. The wierder the better. Go for it.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Wheatus has one too. Just do it!
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Sure, don't be afraid to do something different. I think it could be a good idea. BTW, it's "psychedelic"
"psychedelic" And yes. Scrait flie
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
Quote by One on Sunday
sounds like a good idea. i mean he could handle the samples and sound effects in live shows. and maybe you can add a scratching thing somewhere in there. sounds cool

ya thats what i meant. like we thought that somehow we could hook up an amp to his machine-ie-maboober and we could do crazy effects, but is that even possible?

edit:sorry for spelling guys
Depends whether you go overboard with the effects or not.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
See how it sounds.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
sound to me you are wanting to be a band like incubus but softer. could work
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by bassbrotha
ya thats what i meant. like we thought that somehow we could hook up an amp to his machine-ie-maboober and we could do crazy effects, but is that even possible?

well idk too much about dj-ing but he could just play samples around your playing, like he could play a recording of horns or something like that in the middle of the song. idk if he can manipulate what your playing at the time though..
Quote by black-sabbath
Depends whether you go overboard with the effects or not.

no, not in every song, mabye every 3-4, or where ever needed.
if you put all your guitar's vocals through a mixer, he could control each or all if he has the right gear and has the the right skills.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
If you actually have to ask that, I'd say that you don't have enough imagination to make it work. But your DJ probably does, so it'll be fine
Quote by bassbrotha

edit:sorry for spelling guys

ya you would need to hook him up to a pa i think or maybe directly to a speaker but defintly possible
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
The Flaming Lips do something like that, where their sound guy changes stuff like levels, effects, and panning around during concerts. maybe he could do something like that?
Innovation is what drives music forward.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts