I have a laptop with windows xp on it. it does not tell me the wireless networks around me. i need to know how to put it into roaming mode. help?
Is the wireless card enabled? (Control panel -> network connections (or network or something, i dont remember)
if it is, you should be able to see networks

EDIT:

Oh, and did you install and enable it properly? Some laptops have a special wifi switch on the bottom, try looking for one if you have wifi troubles. They tend to be hard to find :P
Try right clicking the wireless icon on the task manager and select Repair.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
So your wifi adapter is enabled (no switches?) in bios, it's installed properly, it's enabled in windows and there are networks available? What laptop is it? Try googling for wifi problems [your laptop's manufacturer and name/number]
I read that reformatting certain laptops messes up connecting to networks.

Try Google; "XP laptop wireless network trouble"-- I've been able to solve all of my computer problems(major or minor) with the power of Google(I'm not being a smartass; but 90% of the time there's somebody on some tech/microsoft/computer/XP forum that's asked the same thing and some computer expert has been nice enough to give several solutions with step by step instructions). Hope you get it it working soon.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips