HELP!

I'm trying to tell someone who is looking for a new amp (anywhere from $250-350) to get the Vox Valvetronix and someone else keeps saying to get the Marshall 30DFX.

Now, pretty much everyone knows that tube amps are better than solid state in pretty much every way but give me some personal experiences on why this person should get the Vox.

They just won't listen!

Thanks
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
MGs suck.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
never played the Vox, but i`ve played a Marshall MG30 and i own a Marshall MG10KK, i like them... but there practice amps only, the marshalls do the job for alot less then the Vox.
Well for anyone whose not a nub and cares a little about tone and having some cool effects the Vox definately gets the Job done a lot BETTER than the crappy little marshalls.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by H_ngm_n
Well for anyone whose not a nub and cares a little about tone and having some cool effects the Vox definately gets the Job done a lot BETTER than the crappy little marshalls.

Bandwagon jumping isn't cool.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Mmmm sarcasm, high five!

edit:
Valvetronix, its a decent modelling amp which would be good if you would like a variety of different sounds in the future.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Sep 7, 2008,
But seriously people, They are about the same amount of money, wouldn't it just be worth it to get the Vox which has more effects and a better sound?
Quote by StreetLight3989

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Quote by austinarcadium
But seriously people, They are about the same amount of money, wouldn't it just be worth it to get the Vox which has more effects and a better sound?

Yes. The valvetronix beats the MG by a landslide.
Quote by aznmetalhead93

I second this. I own a valvetronix and i'd recommend it to anyone looking for a decent amp on a lower budget.
MGs have terrible tone, i use a vox and its decent, definatly great for the price
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I've played a peavey Vypyr and thought those were pretty badass. Plus, it sounds quite good recorded. It's also in the same price range as the MArshall and Vox. btw, the vox isn't a tube amp. It's has a tube pre amp and a solid state power amp, so it's a hybrid
It's not bandwagon jumping if you own the amp... AND GUESS WHAT?!?! I own two valvetronix amps.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
I use a vox for gigging the 100 watt xl version (the one with more metal tones). Personally I love it. All the tones and effects you can get out of it are great, my band likes to explore a lot of different genres in our writing and I'm able to get a good tone for anything we play, although i do use a boss blues pedal where nessecary. The value on the vox's is just amazing aswell, you're not gonna get a better deal with any other amp. I've also play the low-priced marshalls, and honestly most of em have pretty shitty tone so definitely tell him to go with the vox, it's so much better.
Schecter Fan Club!

My gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Epiphone Les paul Slash Signature
Ovation 2778LX
Boss DD-20
Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
Kustom Quad 100DFX
Vox AD100VT-XL
Wrong forum...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by sinister midget
OMG!!!!

Don't chu OMG me... This thread belongs to "Guitar Gear & Accessories"
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Pitting the MG against the Valvetronix is like pitting a chihuahua against a velociraptor.
Ive had Marshall's, many of them. Not worth it tho, get another amp don't bother with the Vox either, im not saying there bad amps i am only saying you could find better, look for a small tube amp or a line 6 or something, Worked for me.

All the haters who say, ''Dude you nub'', My reply is. I love you.
my friend has an MG, ok for scooped sound but not even that, i love my AD15VT, it has such a warm punchy midrange tone, its pretty loud for its size too.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
No contest.. the UK70s setting on the Vox is based on the 70s marshall plexi and sound more like a Marshall than a MG30 could ever dream of ... not to mention quite good vox ac modeling, decent Fender Blackface sound, Soladano, Dumble etc (as long as you ignore presets and use manual only). Is it perfect, no, but compared to other modellers in that range and most SS, it is. Plus the built in attenuator (not a true one like THD etc but it does the job) it wont' piss off the parental units. Effects are very decent (better than the cheapo line 6 ones) but limited compared to pedals or multi floor units but usable.
Quote by austinarcadium
HELP!

I'm trying to tell someone who is looking for a new amp (anywhere from $250-350) to get the Vox Valvetronix and someone else keeps saying to get the Marshall 30DFX.

Now, pretty much everyone knows that tube amps are better than solid state in pretty much every way but give me some personal experiences on why this person should get the Vox.

They just won't listen!

Thanks

The MGs aren't tube amps.

And MGs suck, run away from them if you see one.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by aznmetalhead93

I third this. They actually sound quite decent, unlike the MG (think bees in a tin can with SS clipping).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by cloudjessie42
The MGs aren't tube amps.

And MGs suck, run away from them if you see one.

Sorry for the unnessary bump, but I meant that the Vox was a tube amp, not the MG.

Maybe if the MG was a tube it might sound a better, but they still sound bad.

I'm always amazed by the amount of idiots that swear by their cheap little 15w Marshalls.

Quote by StreetLight3989

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
if ur having trouble persuading ur friend, can't you just take him to a guitar store so he can try out both the amps?
sorry man, but threads like this will start fights. if anybody wants this thread to stay dont get all offended when somebody doesnt agree with you and start fighting. if you dont hav anything nice to say dont post it!!!!!
Quote by austinarcadium
Sorry for the unnessary bump, but I meant that the Vox was a tube amp, not the MG.

I'm always amazed by the amount of idiots that swear by their cheap little 15w Marshalls.

Neither are tube amps. The Vox is a hybrid.

The only value the MG has is as a paperweight or a drink coaster, and little else.

The Valvetronix will yield some very usable to very good tones if set right and will respond well with pedals.

The main thing it lacks is the feel of a tube amp.

For the money, it's a great amp.
Quote by austinarcadium

The Vox isn't a tube amp either. It's a modeling amp. Yes, yes, it has a preamp tube in there...but it's nothing more than a glorified solid state amp.

In any case, it still sounds quite good. I would probably buy one for practice purposes, if I got one on the cheap.
You know what's funny, the preamp tube in the VT is in the power section... I think it's cause they don't want to buy power tubes ( I don't get it personally).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Which isn't a bad thing by any means.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
If you want to show your friend how the Vox sounds I have a few recordings in my profile that is just straight in and out of the amp, not mic'd either the speaker sounds waaaaay better than the direct out. Every track except 'Time Machine', that one uses a BB+ preamp too.