so i wrote a pretty rough, one-take song the other day. It's mostly experimenting with layers and stuff like that, and any comments or thoughts would be appreciated. I'll do c4c? Song is called Wings of an Eagle

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ace88/
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
First thing noticeable was an unpleasant buzz, that seems to appear whenever you stop playing. I'm sure its a problem with faulty leads or over-distortion, and it does detract from the mood. Anyway, proper crit time.

Fantastic ambiance. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere you created throughout the whole piece. I don't personally think it needs drums at all, really nice composition. very peaceful. Nothing that hasn't been done before but by golly you did it well. Really enjoyed it.

There were a few problems with levels I noticed? your guitar seems to move up and down in levels and it undermines the atmosphere when it does. That's just an issue of mixing.

Very nice use of tapping/techniques! Rather clean playing I must say. Fitted in very well and added to the overall variety of the piece without killing it at all.

Your tone was the slightest bit thin and scratchy. Perhaps you could jack up the mids/bass range for the recording next time? I don't think it matters all that much but its just a note for fine polishing.

Overall opinion; Great work! I really enjoyed it and I would even listen to this kind of music on my own time. You've got a great feel for the lead guitar and I thought you composed this brilliantly. Any main issues are just for fine tuning purposes to give your composition that extra level.

Crit me back if you're in the mood:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947156
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
That was pretty damn good, I didn't actually notice the change in the volume levels until about 2:20 where there's a massive change.

Personally I don't think you need drums, it doesn't seem like the sort of piece that would require them, they wouldn't add any depth and imo would actually take away some of the ambience you've created with the layered effects.

Although the background track stays pretty much constant throughout, you managed to keep it varied enough to provoke me to carry on listening. I mean i'm not saying it's boring, just it could be made a lot more interesting if you experimented with the layers more.

Overall good piece, considering it's a rough one take job. Nice one. If you have time just give the song Jigsaw on my profile a listen ^_^
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
yeah, the sound levels were me fooling around with compression and stuff when i shouldn't have and then was too lazy to fix it. the buzz is the sound of my pedal, and yeah the guitar does sound thin and scratchy but that's more due to less than great gear. Anyways guys your comments were really encouraging, thanks a lot, and i'll crit your songs when i get home from uni today.

Very nice use of tapping/techniques! Rather clean playing I must say. Fitted in very well and added to the overall variety of the piece without killing it at all.

thanks man. i wasn't too sure about it when i heard it played back, i thought it sounded kind of forced and too long, and i was pretty surprised i could get the sweeps that clean on one take. Maybe i'll do a second take eventually and really clean it up.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i like the atmosphere this song puts off for the first two minutes, but it seems like there is no build up to the climax, it just randomly blows up but for some reason it seems to work

there were a couple bends that didn't hit the full note change, (which always bugs me, it's my biggest pet peeve)

other than a couple of less than perfect notes, and if you take a little treble off your pedal and a little more mid, it'll sound great