So, how would knowing scales, chord progressions and the circle of fifths help with making up riffs and improvising? And how would I make up the rhythm/riff from learning this?
well my friend i played a show a couple weeks ago where i covered sunshine of your love with an improvised solo which came from knowing my basic and advanced major and minor petatonics and if u know chord progressions its very good becuz then u can tell where the next piece is supposed to go i havn't rly gotten to the circle of fifths yet but i sure someone else coule help with that
gear:
squier fat strat
fender 15 watt amp
yamaha f310
ibanez DS7(distortion)
Quote by NKF176
So, how would knowing scales, chord progressions and the circle of fifths help with making up riffs and improvising? And how would I make up the rhythm/riff from learning this?

easy tiger, one thing at a time...this stuff comes a bit later on, like after you've got a guitar. I don't want to discourage you from learning but you have to pace yourself, there's a hell of a lot to learn with the guitar and you can't do it all at once. The first few months of learning are mainly about simply getting to grips with the basic mechanics of playing the guitar, the theory can wait.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
easy tiger, one thing at a time...this stuff comes a bit later on, like after you've got a guitar. I don't want to discourage you from learning but you have to pace yourself, there's a hell of a lot to learn with the guitar and you can't do it all at once. The first few months of learning are mainly about simply getting to grips with the basic mechanics of playing the guitar, the theory can wait.

Lol, I suppose I should pace myself, getting a bit too far there... maybe even buy a bass.. Lol