Anyone else watch the paralympics today?

I don't know if it's just me, but i was wondering if anyone else feels bad for watching people with no arms or no legs swimming? For some reason i thought it would be really bad for me to enjoy watching it the same way i enjoy the olympics.

Also, i don't know about other chanels, but the commentators on the bbc never tell what all these catagories (S2, S17) mean. I get that they don't what to go on about the people being disabled but seing the same race with different numbers at the end led me to think that it would be simpler if they told you what it meant.

I also felt sorry for one chinese woman who was leading (by alot) all the way in on of the 200m medleys, then came fourth by .03 of a second.

Anyway, dicuss this and other stuff to do with the paralypics.
They're lame

[/cruelty]

I didn't watch them, but I have great respect for people who manage to keep going despite their physical handicap. A lot of them are stronger and more fit than anyone I know. That demands admiration.
yeah same here.. (the respect thing)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I feel bad for them too...
I mean, how can people be so cruel, making this thing where they make crippled people perform in funny games just for our amusement?
It sickens me.

No but seriously, they're having fun... Let thy children play, as I usually say.
No, I love watching the Paralympics. Makes me feel good about my own insecurities.
RULE BRITANNIA
I might tune in if I don't have anything to do (highly likely). I think they deserve support for what they have to live with and what they make out of it, which deserve recognition and respect. I hope nobody watches the paralympics to get laughs. That would be horrible.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
my friend doesn't have a leg and wants to be a runner in the paralympics, so i have respect for em.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
The main thing I wonder about is how they class certain handicapped people, as obviously some handicaps aren't as major as others. So it must make it unfair having say, someone with no arm racing against someone with no legs? I'm sure it must give one party an advantage..
Originally Posted by filthandfury

haha

I congratulate you good sir on being EPIC.
Quote by 12345abcd3

I don't know if it's just me, but i was wondering if anyone else feels bad for watching people with no arms or no legs swimming? For some reason i thought it would be really bad for me to enjoy watching it the same way i enjoy the olympics.

why should we feel bad about watching them? unless the enjoyment you get comes from laughing at their disability, though i dont see why anyone would do that.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I was wondering whether it was wrong to laugh during that wheelchair race where they all crashed. At the end of the day it's not really any different to laughing at cyclists crashing and I do that all the time...

Oh, and USA, we destroyed you

2. Great Britain: Gold 42, silver 29, bronze 31 - total 102
3. United States: Gold 36, silver 34, bronze 28 - total 98

Shame up.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Has anyone seen the wheelchair rugby? its ****ing brutal, people smashing the shit out of each other. It's a lot faster paced too due to only 4 people on each team
Ha, I've never watched them, because I would feel really shitty if something funny happened and I laughed
but
everyone who posts or reads this thread listen to this Daniel Tosh bit on the special Olympics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7WyOFsuQA
Quote by ClementWave
Has anyone seen the wheelchair rugby? its ****ing brutal, people smashing the shit out of each other. It's a lot faster paced too due to only 4 people on each team

ROFL

no bumming in the shower then. they should just say what is wrong with them, lets be honest thats all we really care about right? I should go in with a mental disability and clean up with the golds for the lulz.
They don't train and compete their asses off so you can sit there and feel bad for them. They want you to appreciate what they're doing despite their limitations. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but that's the way I look at it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
You shouldn't feel bad for them, you should feel good for the athletes, that even though they're faced with adversity with their disabilities, they get up and they compete and they strive to do their best and they enjoy themselves as they do it.
I can almost envy.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by Andrewbiles
I was wondering whether it was wrong to laugh during that wheelchair race where they all crashed. At the end of the day it's not really any different to laughing at cyclists crashing and I do that all the time...

Shame up.

Meh, we pwn'd you in the regular olympics.

I think it's pretty amazing that these people are able to do what they do inspite of their handicaps. I can't watch it for entertainment, though
Quote by Andrewbiles

Shame up.

im not sure if thats something to be proud of or not. Like we have better disabled people than you.
Gooo disabled people!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I depresses me when they fall over and start crying

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
This may sound bad, but the Olympics is about humans performing to the top of their limits. As soon as you introduce the Paralympics, the winning seems to loose meaning. You have to introduce all these rules and ways of separating people which is not an exact science in any way. Also, what does your country winning it mean?

I know its about giving the disabled the opportunity to do what they love but what about normal people? Surely its unfair on average people not to have an average Olympics. And then maybe we need a slightly better than average and slightly less than average Olypmics.

I also wonder what would happen if they made them replica legs so light or advanced that people were actually faster than people in the normal Olympics.

Not saying its a bad thing, just that there shouldn't be so much hype about it y' know. :S
Yeah thats reasonable.

All Olympians are average when they're born, its their dedication that makes it amazing.

Paralympians didn't decide one day they wanted to be in a wheelchair. They have as much dedication as Olympians, its just they have a handicap and it makes it harder for them to get into the Olympics.

There isn't much hype for the Paralympics.

Anyway, Canada placed in 7th, not bad but not our best.