So, My parents are getting me a new guitar for Christmas (They are letting me choose) and a guitar I've been very interested in lately is the EC-1000 by LTD. Its a Les Paul shaped body but I've heard it has a faster neck and lighter body than a Les Paul. I want to know if anybody has played this or a similar guitar from LTD? Its kinda expensive so I want to make sure its right for me before I buy it. It also has EMG active's in it. Here's a link: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-ec.html

Do you guys think its worth the 1000 euro I'd be paying for it? I play metal eg. Megadeth, Metallica
I think it's worth it. It's a great guitar. If you don't want all the fancy stuff, get the EC-500.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think it's worth it. It's a great guitar. If you don't want all the fancy stuff, get the EC-500.

or the vintage black for that matter,, great guitar! wish my parents would get me one for Christmas.
its a great guitar i've played one before and its really nice and the best thing is that its very light which is a plus for me when i play on stage since my back is bad.

and yes getting the ec-500 is also a good choice and a bit cheaper too.
The guitar is great, if your parents dont want to fork out for the EC-1000 (which is understandable, I think they're around $1000 list price) tell them to get the EC- 500 online, its like $600 on musicians friend last time I checked...

Its a great guitar, I've heard very good things about how well it handles both cleans and distortion...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Sadly we cant use that musicians friend website over here. Yeah the EC 1000 is 1000 euros from the Thomann website. For some reason guitars in europe are a lot more expensive than in the U.S. What are the differences between the 1000 and the 500? Thanks for the replies!
mostly just hardware, I believe the EC- 1000 has better tuners and bridge, but dont hold me to that, either way the EC- 500 brdge is WAY more than decent
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

The EC-500 is what I was going to buy in white but it would take 4+ months for it to get to the store, and I didn't want to buy online but I would personally get the ec-500, it looks better.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
ok man basically the ec 1000 is a nicely dressed up ec 500, its all the binding that makes it the $300 somin more then the ec 500 and yeah maybe some little changes but in reality the 300-400 US price difference is like 80% on the binding while the 20% percent is on little changes
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS