Okay so I have good news and bad news. The good news, I found an ampeg 8x10 for only $250 USD. It works fine but has medium cosmetic damage (which isn't a big deal because i'll be touring with it next summer). However, the guy selling it happens to live about 10 hours away in New York City and obviously dosn't want to pay to ship it.

I've been looking for an excuse to go to NYC again ever since I fell in love with the city last year but I'm afraid that by the time I put gas in my bands 1998 Chevy astro, drive all the way there, and all the way back (approximately 400 dollars) if it would still be worth the coin or if i should just buy another cabinet here. Any opinions would be appreciated.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Well, have a look around to see if you can find the same cab for $650 or less. However, I wouldn't want to do a 20 hour round trip if, say, you find the same cab for $700 when the petrol+cab = $650.

Heck, using that logic, you could just go for this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=603085V if you aren't bothered about cosmetic defects.
Ask your band if they fancy a band holiday? Then get everyone to pitch in for petrol?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yeah I have. I spend countless hours on craigslist, ebay, kijiji, the newspaper, whatever to find deals. I live in Canada and an Ampeg 8x10 new at long and mcquade was like $1,175. Theres not many of them here. I'm not really even partial to the 8x10. I kinda wanted 2 410's but 250 bucks? thats a hell of a price. The driving long ammounts of time dosn't bother me at all, its just the price and I will have to take my band's van since theres no way in hell ill fit that thing in my saturn.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

carpool, you must have friends who want to go to the city, go together or something like that, that way trip is cheaper, more fun, and you get your cab. Yay for rational thinking!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Yeah I was thinking about that band vacation thing. They'd do it too, they'd love to but ones still in highschool and i doubt the other can get the time off work.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Just say they both broke their arms, and then when they get back from NYC, say it was gas.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by slaptasticdave
carpool, you must have friends who want to go to the city, go together or something like that, that way trip is cheaper, more fun, and you get your cab. Yay for rational thinking!

My idea

and why don't you find out how much the shipping costs and get it shipped yourself. You'd still get it for around half the price of a new wouldn't you?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
why doesnt he want to ship it? and seeing as i live 20 minutes away for NYC *Drives to NYC and pays 250 for the Ampeg*
Go to NYC. Please. For me. I miss NYC so much...

Go to the lower east side. Yell at the top your lungs that "TAM MISSES ALL OF THIS" and then go to Manny's and play a bunch of basses, eat a bowl of matzo bowl soup for lunch. Later have a piece of pizza, real pizza. And end it all with a slice of real cheesecake. Then pick up your Ampeg cab. Believe me its worth the price of gas.
I'd be willing to do that for you Tam, of course I've done it before minus the cheesecake.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by anarkee

Go to the lower east side. Yell at the top your lungs that "TAM MISSES ALL OF THIS" and then go to Manny's and play a bunch of basses, eat a bowl of matzo bowl soup for lunch. Later have a piece of pizza, real pizza. And end it all with a slice of real cheesecake. Then pick up your Ampeg cab. Believe me its worth the price of gas.

Not your godawful excuse for a cheesecake? Cheesecake is meant to be a fridge cake, not a baked lump of ewww
Ben. I love NY Cheesecake. Its soooooo good.

Like the song goes says New York, New York. So good they named it twice.

Haha, isn't new york rad? ****. Ever since I went I'm like "i miss you". I think I might go. I'm not sure. Thanks for the opinions everyone.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

lol. mod spam.

do it. it's cool. I've had real cheesecake, and it's good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Fender_punk
Haha, isn't new york rad? ****. Ever since I went I'm like "i miss you". I think I might go. I'm not sure. Thanks for the opinions everyone.

I grew up right outside NYC in NJ. I spent my formative years haunting the lower east side and the Village. I bought my first guitar at Manny's. I got my first real punk hair cut at Astor Hair. If I had my druthers, I'd live in either NY, London or SF.

And to get an Ampeg in NYC would be the icing on the cake. DO IT!!!
Thats so sick, anarkee. Straight up I'd be trying to move there now if I didn't love my band so much. If we ever break up though, I'm heading out there for sure. I've been twice and theres still so much crap I havn't done. With that said, I'm almost certain I'm getting it. I'm pretty stoked....
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410