My thrid attempt of getting some form of help from you guys seriously i need some feed back this mic thing is doing my head in. Right i've got more memory for my PC and still no change there is still the really annoying noises as if its echoing really badly/ trying to fill out gaps and a windish sound but i've got that to reduce quite a bit. But the question i have now if anyone can help. Sound cards. What are the good ones im in england so prefably something from england what sort of cards do people suggest, oh and im not talking about some £200 sound card i want a cheeper one any suggestions? And does anyone thing this might solve the proplem?
Thanks
It has nothing to do with memory...it's probably your sound settings, creating a feedback loop. It could also be a bad driver. How exactly is your microphone plugged in, and what card (or integrated sound) is in your system? Finally, what program are you using?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Its a USB mic. Im using Sonar LE it came with the mic. How would I find the feedback loop?
thanks
Well, then you definitely won't need a microphone...the sound is entirely based off that microphone. Can you change the inputs or outputs through the program? And when you are recording, are you using headphones? (the sound may have been captured by the microphone).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
it seems like you could probably put the track in acid pro and effect all that crap out.
Quote by JackFar
Its a USB mic. Im using Sonar LE it came with the mic. How would I find the feedback loop?
thanks

If your monitors are putting out what you're recording and the mic is picking it up a second time.

I would look at an entry level unit from M-Audio or PreSonus for a good recording interface. Avoid "normal" pc sound cards. They are not built for recording.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic