Just picked up a fresh new Boss Digital Delay DD-3, and I'm just not very good at figuring out all the different settings.
and advice for cool noises or sounds?
I also rock the Digitech Whammy and Dunlop CryBaby Wah, so give me some input please.

and any advice on acheiving Morello-like noises (anything from Rage or Audioslave) would be greatly appreciated.
Check out Tom's youtube vids, you have nearly the same set-up as him in terms of pedals so you should be able to get the sound pretty well.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Haha those vids gave me the inspiration to collect the pedals, but for some reason my YouTube is all messed up so it says every video on the site is unavailable.
ah well, I'll figure it out eventually.

anyone else?
well, morello makes the "helicopter" sound by steeing the dleay to a slapback then tapping the muted strings with a pencil.

a nother cool technique you can do with a delay, you must have impeccable timing, is to do a scale run and have the delay set to do a quick follow. you may have to adjust the delay to match the tempo, and play at that exect tempo, to make it sound right. but when you pull it off, it sounds like your notes just bleed into each other.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
well, morello makes the "helicopter" sound by steeing the dleay to a slapback then tapping the muted strings with a pencil.

a nother cool technique you can do with a delay, you must have impeccable timing, is to do a scale run and have the delay set to do a quick follow. you may have to adjust the delay to match the tempo, and play at that exect tempo, to make it sound right. but when you pull it off, it sounds like your notes just bleed into each other.

A good example would be the echo song by Paul Gilbert. Very simple in concept, but you have to have perfect timing.