yes i realize its a silly question and that i've made it worse by putting it off for months but i know i need to tell this guy he is out of the band but i have no idea how to do it.
obviously the way i think i should do it is just to say it to him and justify it then thats it over but obviously i dont want to make him feel shit.
if anybody has any ideas please tell
''you're out f**k face!!!''

no really...tell him why and stuff and maybe he'll understand.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
"creative differences"
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
" [ band members name ] your out of the band "

do this while standing over him during the wee hours of the night while hes sleeping...

hey worked for metallica haha
tell him hes a great *whatever he plays* then say sorry but we dont think your right for this band.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
the reasons arent great i suppose but one is that he is always working and because of this he can never make a band practice and another one is that i suppose he does have creative differences, wants to learn a different type of genre to the rest of us
Just tell him that he's a great player, but if he can't make band practices it won't work. It's a simple thing, and it's not offensive. It's not like you're telling him he's an asshole.
lol i ended up finding out i was kicked out of the band i was in by me saying... "who's going to practice today" oh just me chase and andy.... and im like who the hell is andy.
Give him a piece of paper with four letters on.
GTFO.

Seriously though, just tell him straight.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Maybe it would be nice and ask around ur contacts for any bands who need someone who plays his instrument... You know, kinda like 'Really sorry man, your out... But i know a few peeps who are looking for a guitarist/bassist/whatever... I can give you there numbers if you want'
Quote by rcmaster0072002
lol i ended up finding out i was kicked out of the band i was in by me saying... "who's going to practice today" oh just me chase and andy.... and im like who the hell is andy.

Owned.

Agreed on the whole "Creative differences" line, just let him know it isn't working out. It may be hard to do if your band is really close, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Just don't be like Dave Mustaine, please.
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Artistic differences :P Im thinking of shelling my bassist pretty soon, i think im gona with - she's a girl btw - You're a great friend and everything, i love you etc, but we have different paths in mind, and i want take this further, you have other plans" and from that she'll gather what i mean, we're pretty close friends before the band anyway
well if you want him out, make him the back up [what ever the heck he plays] and then just use his practice space, expecially if he is the drummer then u can use his drums!
just tell him right the day before a band practice or so. give em a call or meet up. tell him you've discussed it with th rest of the band and let him know that you collectively feel it'd be best to part ways for the reasons that you wanted to mention to him.

just be as sincere as possible, without any condescension or attitude.

Its how the band i was in let me go, but the honesty and sincerity was appreciated. getting kicked from any band sucks, but there's ways to make it less sucky.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by liam1107
the reasons arent great i suppose but one is that he is always working and because of this he can never make a band practice and another one is that i suppose he does have creative differences, wants to learn a different type of genre to the rest of us

Just say that, he can't get mad(yes he can but not with reason) if you say that.
yea make sure you say it to his face.. not over the phone.. not even using a webcam over msn..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
On his last practice before telling him, get him to leave his gear at your rehearsal space. Afterwards, fence his gear, split the money among yourselves, buy some beer and have a laugh together in his absence.

Next practice, be all surprised that his gear is gone - musta got took or sumpin - and tell him how upset you are that his stuff is gone because you really liked having him in the band, but without gear....

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
wow.. thats really evil chris..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Say you don't think you guys can get together well in the band n make good music so ye're better off without one another...
Quote by liam1107
yea that was quite evil XD

Gotta have fun with it, no?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

axemanchris, that has to be the best idea I have evar heard. EVAR!

Otherwise, just say "GTFO n00b"
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
I can't top axeman chris but an idea my band had for kicking out someone was pretty evil. We had the thought of getting this guy pig drunk then telling him the next day that he made a move on our singers girlfriend. That way we could tell him that it was nothing personal but we wouldn't feel comfortable having him around the singer giving off negative vibes.

Or disband and reform minus the member.
Quote by axemanchris
On his last practice before telling him, get him to leave his gear at your rehearsal space. Afterwards, fence his gear, split the money among yourselves, buy some beer and have a laugh together in his absence.

Next practice, be all surprised that his gear is gone - musta got took or sumpin - and tell him how upset you are that his stuff is gone because you really liked having him in the band, but without gear....

CT

And I thought I was a complete bastard.

liam1107.
It's basicaly impossible to kick someone out of the band without them feeling sh!tty about it.
The best thing you can do is to be perfectly honest with him, apologise profusely, tell him that it's not his fault, it's yours for picking the wrong person for the band and that it's absolutely nothing personal.

Then ask him if he wants to be a roadie.

Quote by kaptink
I can't top axeman chris but an idea my band had for kicking out someone was pretty evil. We had the thought of getting this guy pig drunk then telling him the next day that he made a move on our singers girlfriend. That way we could tell him that it was nothing personal but we wouldn't feel comfortable having him around the singer giving off negative vibes.

Imagine waking him up the next day and as soon as his eyes open, giving him a suitcase packed with clothes and saying 'Oh my God! I can't believe you did that last night, we've packed you some clothes and had a collection between us that's come to £12.50 which should get you far enough away to at least get a head start. We'll try to delay him as long as we can but we can't guarantee your safety. Run.... run as fast as you can!'

I know a guy who actualy sold a guitarist to another band.
He was desperately thinking of a way to get rid of the guy, who was obviously not working out, (he was a decent enough guitarist, just difficult to get along with) when someone else who was in a much better known local band asked him if he knew any guitarists that were available. He said that he didn't really, but jokingly said that for £20, he'd 'create' an available guitarist for him.
Then he went and told the guitarist that his mate wanted him in his band and that he wouldn't feel right holding him back from this great opportunity (it really was a step up the ladder bandwise for the guitarist) and that he should go with all their blessings.
The guitarist happily went to the other band without ever knowing how close he came to being booted out of his old band and the band leader actualy coughed up the £20.

They even had a leaving party and my mate said it was hilarious, he said 'There we were, celebrating because this tit was leaving the band, and he still didn't know that I'd only sold him to the other band because I hated him!'
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 11, 2008,
Lol!!

Ct