Page 1 of 2
So i've been lookig for some new amps. I've got my Combo Amp and my Amp head, but now I need an amp cab. I want the loudest possible, money isn't an issue. I've come accross a Krank cab, which is a devestating 600 watts. However, I want to know if watts = power. In other words, does a 600 watt amp have the capability to be six times as loud as a 100 watt amp on full blast?
Umm, the cab is not the amp. It just holds the speakers. The 600w thing means it can take up to 600w of power and no, wattage does not equal volume. 600w would be twice as loud as a 60w amp
No. You need to have ten times the wattage to be even twice as loud.

But 600 watts = ear raep. Do not do this.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ears would be seriosuly damaged imo, if not make you deaf, the air pressure might even destroy your ears :P
lol show me a 600 watt guitar amp...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
The head determines the wattage, not the cab. A 600W cab is like saying, "these tires are rated for 400 miles per hour." Sure, that's what they could handle, but good luck finding a car that can go that fast.
Anyway, what head do you have?
Wow nearly ever person here has already forgotten:

Wattage =/= volume!!
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Wow nearly ever person here has already forgotten:

Wattage =/= volume!!

No, wattage does not equal volume, but I think no-one can deny that a 150 watt Triple Rectifier is louder than a 15 watt Frontman.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
If you could actually produce 600W of maxed out guitar noise with that thing, your brain would implode and spill out your ears and nose. Im pretty sure it would also cause an unecessary bowel movement too.

Scientific fact, that.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
If you could actually produce 600W of maxed out guitar noise with that thing, your brain would implode and spill out your ears and nose. Im pretty sure it would also cause an unecessary bowel movement too.

Scientific fact, that.

Yeah, deafness FTL.
there is a 600 watt amp, it`s the crate monster on youtube, i think it was 600 watts

but i don`t know about your volume thing...... i barrowed a Line 6 100HD Valve head.. yes it was a tube amp... 100 watts of power... my Marshall 50 watts of power.... the Line 6 was so much louder then my marshall. my head had a hard time keeping up with the Line 6. i had to almost max my marshall to stay with the line 6 at 1/2.
Ok, the first thing to learn when buying an amp is that you buy an amp because of the tone you get from the amp and not the amount of watts the amp can output. Generally when people are starting out they think that an amp is great just because it's 120watts.
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'll do you one better. 1000 watts.
http://www.chambonino.com/construct/const9.html

haha thats awesome. that transformer is huge! Thats gotta be like that thing in the back to the future movie in the very beginning... when whats he's face uses the metal tip'd pick. LoL awesome!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Its unlikely you will be in to many situations where you would be able to run a 100 watt tube amp at full volume. So even fewer times would need 600 watts say playing woodstock without a PA system and the people in the next county wanted to hear it to.
600 watts tube would be ear damaging.... 600 watts SS would run a couple monitors outside for a festival or something or be nearly sufficient for a little club PA but you would probably want closer to 2000-3000 watts for that.
Holy crap at the 1000 watt amp.
Those power tubes are huge.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Holy crap at the 1000 watt amp.
Those power tubes are huge.

And glow like mad.

Although, I like the idea of a combined guitar amp and toaster.
I can make breakfast while playing at the same time.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Now, I just hope someday someone makes an amp with OVER 9000 watts.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, if we bring bass amps into the mix, your 600W doesn't look so big any more.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

Scientific fact, that.

dare i say...sigged? Haha, but honestly, I doubt you would be able to crank that loud without seriously damaging your ears.
Alright, back to the actual question. The 600w cab would be awesome for high gain because it would pretty much never break up. It doesn't mean that it will be deafeningly loud, it means that it can handle an enormous amount of power.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^^ Thats crazy, it says in his actricle that you could modify the amp only to use 2 power tubes and get a 500 watt monster out of two tubes, thats amazing. You bass guitar guys would love that thing, and really there would not be any amp that could come close to the SPL that thing could put out.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Yeah, I wonder how it'd sound.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^ it really doesn't matter to me I was comiting on more of the idea than the tone.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
^Because it would be A LOT harder to acheve. Those tubes are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big, compared to standard 6L6s. They are hard to come by too. And my guess is that their tone isn't as great as the other ones (considering no other deisng uses them).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^Because it would be A LOT harder to acheve. Those tubes are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big, compared to standard 6L6s. They are hard to come by too. And my guess is that their tone isn't as great as the other ones (considering no other deisng uses them).

So we can make The Hadron Collider which will be capable of recreating the big bang by particle collisions which has enough power to make a black hole. But we cant create new tubes.... This world amazes me sometimes lol
Page 1 of 2