hey all! This has nothing to do with satriani, so its not in the shred thread. But anyway, i was listening to his "crowd chant", and i know i have heard that chorus before, and i think it might be a classical piece. Does anyone know where that part comes from?
(ok, it has SOMETHING to do with satch, but its not what i need!)
thanks a bunch all!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Quote by sashki
Maybe it's just a common chord progression?

I think I've heard it before, too.

the chord progression probably is familiar (which one isnt!)
but its more the melody im concerned with. i just don't know!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
ok, i just found it! it took me hours! but for those of you who are also wondering, its Gabriel FAURE': Pavane, Op. 50.
here is a youtube video of the song (with paintings!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgyTl8yqbw
thanks all
I read somewhere that he took it from a classical peice.
Hai 2 u
haha wow, how cool
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
haha wow, how cool

its an awesome piece! thats why i had to find it!