hey.. so.. i got a used verison cod 4 and idk wat it is.. it just runs really shitty, like .. my system has more than what the requirments say and ive even lowered all the graphics and it doesnt help much
but the disc is kind of stratchy so would that affect the quality of play or am i crazyyyyyyyyy
Quote by GiantRaven
Man, murshell is crazy!

Have you fully patched the game? If not try that.

oh mannn thank ypou sir
i was sooooo thinking that while it was installing but i forgot cuz it took so ****in long :P
sometimes scratched cds will affect the gameplay. its best to by a new disc when your in the shop instead of pre-owned.

oh, and in the thread title, its affect, not effect.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
I scratched my neighbour's CoD4 and it didn't play. I bought him a new one though.

thats quite noble of you sir
A scratched CD can make reads fail, which will slow you down.

Copy the contents of the CD to your computer (if you have enough space) using ISO software or something. You probably know what to do, if not, someone else can help you. :P

Then you can just run it off your hard drive, which will make it faster than a non-scratched disk.
Quote by iimjpii
A scratched CD can make reads fail, which will slow you down.

Copy the contents of the CD to your computer (if you have enough space) using ISO software or something. You probably know what to do, if not, someone else can help you. :P

Then you can just run it off your hard drive, which will make it faster than a non-scratched disk.

hahaha arggggggggg :P
It shouldn't affect gameplay.

Hardly any [read: none at all] PC games actually run from discs (as all necessary files are transferred to your HARD DRIVE) - the disc is just used as a measure to ensure you own the game - and it may read the disc every now and then to check the disc is still there, which is why people used No CD cracks to run downloaded games - I installed a friends game once, used a crack, game ran fine.

So the disc shouldn't affect anything in terms of gameplay for a PC game.

For console games, they rely on discs for everything [obviously apart from processing, GPU, RAM, etc.].

IMO, defrag your hard drive. Speeds things up a LOT.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
It shouldn't affect gameplay.

Hardly any [read: none at all] PC games actually run from discs (as all necessary files are transferred to your HARD DRIVE) - the disc is just used as a measure to ensure you own the game - and it may read the disc every now and then to check the disc is still there, which is why people used No CD cracks to run downloaded games - I installed a friends game once, used a crack, game ran fine.

So the disc shouldn't affect anything in terms of gameplay for a PC game.

For console games, they rely on discs for everything [obviously apart from processing, GPU, RAM, etc.].

IMO, defrag your hard drive. Speeds things up a LOT.

ok thanks for the help i really appreciate it
but its a brand new laptop i got just liek.. 3 weeks ago.. would it need a de frag allready?
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
I scratched my neighbour's CoD4 and it didn't play. I bought him a new one though.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

BTW, Did I mention that you scratched my Gears of War disc?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by thedudemeister
sometimes scratched cds will affect the gameplay. its best to by a new disc when your in the shop instead of pre-owned.

oh, and in the thread title, its affect, not effect.

And in your post it's "buy," not "by." It's also "it's," instead of "its."
Oh yeah, and it's "you're," instead of "your."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
And in your post it's "buy," not "by." It's also "it's," instead of "its."
Oh yeah, and it's "you're," instead of "your."

hhaha you sir are awarded the grammar award of the internet