It's been quite a while since I've posted on these boards, and this is my first time posting a recording so I'll try to do this correctly. Please let me know if I've screwed up somewhere.

I'm not sure if I have to post a direct link to the song (i.e. my profile), or if I can link to my band's MySpace so I'm going to do the latter. I'm doing this partly because I'm not sure how to link to my profile (these profiles are new to me, despite being here for a few years), and because most people are familiar with MySpace. Wow, that made more sense in my head.

Anyway, on to the song. It's called Holding Up the Roof, and this is actually my third original and probably best recording. I apologize for the not-so-great audio, but the mic we (my band) used isn't great (we follow the 'any port in the storm' philosophy). It's kinda considered a demo, but also "finished" at the same time. We're happy with how it turned out, but there is always room for improvement. I consider it a "full band" version even though I'm the only one playing anything. It's me singing lead with my bandmates backing me up. My advice is to listen with headphones, and remember to turn down your volume when you're done listening.

Here is the link:

www.myspace.com/thursdaynightsoncampus

It's the third song on there, but feel free to listen to/comment on the others.

Let me know what you guys and gals think (and if I did something wrong in my posting). I'll definitely do Crit for Crit, but don't expect a prompt reply (us college kids can get busy).

Thanks, kids
Quote by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Originally posted by tyler 417 714
Quote by (-) Ions
There's a band called tool?

Quote by NewWaves
People still watch MTV?
Nice work. Can't say much about the sound quality because I barely notice it unless it's really bad, it's not perfect but I don't think that'd suit the song anyway. I think the song itself is great..not much else I can think to say about it at the moment.
Oh, if you want to just have people listen to the song on your profile, just say it's there and people can click your username to get to it.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. (This isn't a bump.)

Mexicanmidget, what do you mean when you say variety in the guitar? Do you mean another guitar or variety in the part I'm playing (only one guitar btw)?

EDIT: I only had time for that but I promise I'll get to your songs tonight (both of you).
Quote by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Originally posted by tyler 417 714
Quote by (-) Ions
There's a band called tool?

Quote by NewWaves
People still watch MTV?
Last edited by Screech at Sep 15, 2008,