Well I may be trading my SG off for a Washburn (Strat like things) and I like that it doesn't haev the pick gaurd, and well I may mess around with some diffrent picks ups, but I wanted to know about some pick ups.

First: Jimi Hendrix Reverse from GFS, any one used them and are they good? Cause I like his stuff. Thinking about using them to replace the neck and middle.

Two: Whats your guys opinions on some good pick ups for blues/texas style sounds. One, the other, or both IDC, just let me know what the sound is. I want to mix and match pick ups.

Three: Lipstick pick up, do they give you ar eally bright twangy sound when used in the bridge? Cuase thats what I am shooting for. I want one in the bridge, to give me a super nice twangy sound. Again I would be buying this from GFS.

Four: Whats some wiring I could do where I could replace the pots with push pull pots? I want to keep my 5 way swtich, but I want some wiring options where I can get diffrent effects. I some what like the idea of a 5 way switch (On this guitar it looks nice) SO thanks in advance guys.

Five: Alnico Fatbody Oversized Polepiece Tele pickup. Anyone know if I can put on it a 'strat' like guitar and anyoen used it and whats the like about it. SOunds like what I want, but IDK, I want opinions
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Last edited by LesPaulCowboy at Sep 7, 2008,
Ok so you have an SG, and you are going to buy a Washburn to make it sound just like a Strat or Tele?

What are you dense? Buy the guitar you want, instead of modding one you don't want.

Also, in your sig, WTF is a Les Paul SG? Like when the changed the design?

EDIT: I read that you don't want a pickgaurd.

Build your own guitar.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Sep 7, 2008,
Øttər, your user title is true.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Lulz. Yeah, I noticed after most of the threads I post in die like they have leukemia.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That happens to me as well. Thats why I don't post too often anymore.
EDIT: Fellow Canadian
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Hey, Øttər can't help that he has the answer to everything...
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
I remember seeing a picture here with 5 maybe 6 threads with Øttər posting last in them. I'll stop spamming this thread now...
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
It's ok. As long as the owner of the thread doesn't ask us to stop, its cool.

Much like parking lots. You can do whatever you want in them. The owner has to tell you to stop doing donuts. No one else can .

What I don't get is why this guy wants to buy a brand new guitar just to gut it and have a totally different sound.

EDIT: Thanks awesomeness, lol. Official +1 to you.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I agree. Just use the money for the guitar he wants. And the Les Paul SG made me giggle.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Yeah, just save your money for a Strat or Tele. Why would you want to trade an SG for a Washburn just to get a Strat/Tele sound? That makes no sense!

(edit) Earned a +1! On my way to becoming a level 2 noob!
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
Last edited by AwesomenessFTW at Sep 7, 2008,
Quote by deftonesordie
on a completely different note (although slightly relevant?)

I signed on, to witness this across the board:

lol. I always forget about this one.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Lol. That's a lot of threads, all awkwardly ended by none other than Øttər. Nice job
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
Øttər = Awkward Killer
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75