Does anyone know how i could possibly fix this?

I've got a Fender STARcaster. And although i'm getting an Agile AL-2000 around Christmas time... i'm wondering if there's any way to fix it. Because i have to retune it probably around twice a day. And it's not the strings... i just got new ones last week.

Help?
O O

___
My new strings usually take a little while to bed in so maybe its that?
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Must be shitty machine heads or something then that keep going loose.
take it to a setup .

I once put some grafite (from pencils) in the nut . but my guitar sucks , so I didn't really care about it being f*cked up . It worked
Quote by Woozye
take it to a setup .

I once put some grafite (from pencils) in the nut . but my guitar sucks , so I didn't really care about it being f*cked up . It worked

I've already done this.

And before anyone says this, too: i've already checked my intonation... it's good.

Maybe it IS the machine heads... idk. And i'm pretty sure the strings have stretched in by now... because i play about 2-3 hours a day... and they've been on there a little over a week.
O O

___
Have you checked the bridge? Make sure it's fully flat against the body.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
when tuning always tune UP, never go down to the note you want, always go up, or the gear will slip when you bend.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Put better tuners on it.

Grovers.

I have guitars with grovers that stay in tune for quite a long time.
Economy guitars come with economy parts. And economy tuners dont stay in tune so good. The less a guitar cost the more they cut corners. I can keep a 35 dollar knock off in tune with the original tuners and factory plastic nut with no graphite. But a epi LP 100 I have wouldnt stay in tune for more than 5 minutes with original tuners.
make sure the bridge is flat against the body like said.

block it in the trem cavity if you have to.

wrap the string around the tuners 2-3 times locking the wrap by crosing the end of the string over if you have to.

lube all contact points including the nut cut with a pencil like said.

and if nothing works, and you want to keep the guitar, think about locking tuners.
because like said, starter guitars have shitty tuners.

not that expensive and will keep it in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Don't locking tuners cost around $50, though? Because if they're that expensive... srew it! I'm getting another guitar with grovers on it (AL-2000), and i've got a friend who wants to buy my guitar from me as soon as i get the Agile... so i couldn't care less then.

I was just looking for a CHEAP fix... if there was one. Like i said, i'm just gonna sell it anyays... if it's gonna be an expensive fix, i'll just stick it out for a few more months.

Thanks for responding guys!
O O

___