Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to get a video card installed into my laptop(IBM Thinkpad)?

I'm looking to install an ATI Radeon 9500, Google is not being helpful, and the computer place I'm looking to get it installed at isn't open today.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Sep 7, 2008,
Ok, thanks.
I didn't know if it was simple or not.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Radeon 9500, nice.

I'm cheap.
its a fairly simple and fast procedure..just identify correct slot, make sure you're properly grounded and install

i don't know if you have to take out the keyboard for those thinkpads though
if that is the case it could take a while
to get to your board do you take off your keyboard? if so do that, then ground yourself to a piece of metal by touching it, and find the right slot, push it in, turn on your laptop and put in the driver software and boom.
Quote by dylpikle9
Will I still have to ground myself if I take the battery out?

yeah its always just a good idea to do it.
i wasn't aware there were any replacement graphics cards available for laptops, except those little USB ones.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by irongoat666
i wasn't aware there were any replacement graphics cards available for laptops, except those little USB ones.

:\
Quote by dylpikle9
:\

does it look anything like this?
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Quote by Led Pepplin

Quote by irongoat666

i'd be surprised if you can't instead of it being vertical im sure you put it in horizontally
Quote by irongoat666
does it look anything like this?

I haven't actually bought the card yet, and I plan on asking at the computer store about one that will fit into my laptop. That's the one I would use if I had a desktop, but that one isn't going to fit in my computer, just by looking at it.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Sep 7, 2008,
well all the graphics cards i've ever seen are either PCI (like the one i linked to), AGP or PCI Express, and laptops don't have any of those slots inside them, they don't have the room for a start.

there are USB ones available but they are pretty hard to get hold of as far as i've seen, and i haven't heard anything good about them in terms of performance.

Quote by Led Pepplin