i need help with bass head/cab

can u plug a 300 watts @ 4 ohms head into 350 Watts @ 8 Ohms cab?

i have spent ages browsing looking for a awnser but cant seem to work it out
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
150 watts? im a bit of a n00b when it comes to bass amps so please explain
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
Quote by sammixuk
150 watts? im a bit of a n00b when it comes to bass amps so please explain
Do you have a basic understanding of electronics?
no lol
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

You will get approx. 150 watts because the resistance of your cabinet is 8 ohms, whereas your head puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms. Adding another 8 ohm extension cabinet or using a 4 ohm cabinet will pump out the full wattage of your amp head.
Well suffice to say that the lower the load on an amp, the more power it can put out. So an amp that can do 300W into a 4 ohm load won't put as much power out with a higher impedance cab.

It should be more like 212W with an 8 ohm load (probably a bit less)
so it would work fine but not at full power? it wouldnt damage the speaker or amp?

thanks for your help guys
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

no its a Gallien-Krueger BL 600 Backline 300 watts @ 4 ohms going into my Hartke VX1508 350 Watts @ 8 Ohms
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

get gk or acoustic amps... ya and it'll work
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Let's not forget - heads don't really 'have ohms.' That head PUTS OUT 300W at 4 ohms. The cabinet has an impedence of 8 ohms.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Gallien Krueger amps have a tendency to get very muddy. Personally, I like the grittier sounds of the Backline cabs. The Goldline and Neo cabs have a really punchy sound, and last much longer. A 700Rb head and a 4x10 Neo cab will sound sick together.