does anyone like guitar center sell large microphones that plug into your laptop.

i have a microphone that is less than an inch thin and if i got a bigger microphone, could i record at louder volumes?
Do you want a USB microphone that can do that? A Samson CO1U (available on their website) can do just that...I don't know if you can record at louder volumes, but it will sound a lot better.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
well, the mic i have right now sucks. its a little chode.

i want to record vocals and electric guitar.. but i cant record close enough to the speakers without getting a broken sound.. it seems like the mic is too sensitive to record high volumes.. and i'm just playing out of a tiny 15 watt SS amp.
Try dropping the gain of your microphone...make sure mic boost is off. It should be under sound settings in Windows (under Control Panel).

Ideally you should have a decent interface and a good microphone that can handle vocals and loud sounds...dynamics like the Shure SM57.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101