how are the cleans of these amps compared? i know the bassman breaks up earlier but how much clean headroom does it have? I'm think about the silverface bassman heads, btw.

what about the bandmasters, too? how are they different?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Bandmaster?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

The Bandmaster is essentially a Super Reverb head without the reverb. I'd suggest you just stick with the Twin Reverb combo.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
The Bandmaster is essentially a Super Reverb head without the reverb. I'd suggest you just stick with the Twin Reverb combo.

Thanks for telling me that.

But first, I don't know if i want a new amp.

Second, and twin reverb combo is too heavy.

And third, i want something that will break up a bit for me naturally, and then i can throw my TS9 on over it.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

I'd go for a Deluxe Reverb then, i'd really suggest not going the half stack route unless you absolutely need to. I regret getting one, even though i didnt get it for the half stack appeal.

The DR is prefect though, 22 watts, breaks up like you need it and takes pedals well (at least, the vintage ones do, you said you didnt want a new one, so the reissue dont even worry about).
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
I'd go for a Deluxe Reverb then, i'd really suggest not going the half stack route unless you absolutely need to. I regret getting one, even though i didnt get it for the half stack appeal.

The DR is prefect though, 22 watts, breaks up like you need it and takes pedals well (at least, the vintage ones do, you said you didnt want a new one, so the reissue dont even worry about).

Hey sorry if i didn't specify enough but i meant i don't know if i should get another amp. it wasn't regarding new or used.....

But is the DR loud enough? I'll be playing some medium sized gigs in the future, and i want to have some clean headroom. although, what i usually do now is run my TS9 on all the time use my guitar's volume to clean up. i'm also looking at a Vibrolux 210 btw
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by LP51122
Hey sorry if i didn't specify enough but i meant i don't know if i should get another amp. it wasn't regarding new or used.....

But is the DR loud enough? I'll be playing some medium sized gigs in the future, and i want to have some clean headroom. although, what i usually do now is run my TS9 on all the time use my guitar's volume to clean up. i'm also looking at a Vibrolux 210 btw

Ah, misundstood you. I thought you wanted strictly vintage.

I'd stay away from the Vibrolux if you wnat any headroom, theyre notorious for low headroom. Even less than the Deluxe Reverb.

the DR's headroom should do you fine. Clean up until about 7-8 on the dial, which is pretty damn loud.