Playing some hard rock, mellow metal, as well as poppy riffage and some blues wankery?

No price range...just need to find the best guitar.
Thanks!
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
a custom made PRS
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
i'd say an Epi or gibson les paul. what ever is in your price range. i find it's much more versatile and fuller sounding than a strat.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Any guitar with at least a humbucker in the bridge and some single coils, plus 21 or more frets.

Absolutely no price range? I'd say an HSH Stratocaster (plus coil taps) with a Floyd Rose and 24-fret ebony neck, but no one makes 'em.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by darth awsome
Ernie Ball's John Pettrucci Model

I agree completely
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
Quote by ShredGod George
an SG

I was thinking about posting that, just cause I know it's good for metal & hard rock, but since i've never played one, I have no clue how it would do with anything else

I still think the strat is the best all around guitar for what he needs.

It can definitely hit the metaly stuff (just ask the dudes from iron maiden)

and it can do pretty much everything else as well
Quote by deathforyouth

No price range...just need to find the best guitar.

a custom guitar to you
if your price range isnt very large and you want a semi-hollow feel to it too then the Ibanez AS73's are really nice. its everything you'd want in a gibson, without the $3000 price tag. sounds great for blues/jazz, and can pull off metal/hard rock with ease. you might want to upgrade the pickups a bit with time though, just to enhance the sound.
It doesn't necessarily have to do all of those perfectly. Just a guitar than can do mainly hard rock, and metal...while still being able to handle some poppy riffs and some bluesy-ness.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
Quote by natasharichards
I'd suggest the Fender Deluxe Fat Strat HSS. Check out the review for the specs and picture. It comes in a really nice alternative looking black color.

HSS Strat Review

+2

I'd second that
do they make american HSS's? all ive ever seen are mexican, but i havent really looked that hard
Quote by the.spine.surfs
HSS Strat with a Custom Custom at the bridge.

Heck, who knows?

yea, a hss strat, a hss mahogany strat, a les paul, a sg, heck, a flying v, some semi-hollows. anything lol

pick a body style that you like, meaning the look AND the feel, and then probably go from there. go to a big guitar store and then try out all of the guitars of that style and find the best one for you.

my personal answer to basically the same question was the MIA deluxe fat strat. it makes me happy
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by natasharichards
I'd suggest the Fender Deluxe Fat Strat HSS. Check out the review for the specs and picture. It comes in a really nice alternative looking black color.

HSS Strat Review

hehe someone already suggested this. +100 MILLION! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!! *pinky to lip*
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional