50 watt head, all new power tubes, Lee Jackson designed, 2 channels, 2 distortions on 1 channel, reverb, $400 shipped

I'm new to playing. I bought this amp because I had heard really good things about it, and I wanted something that would last me through the beginning stages of playing and well into the later stages. However, I had no idea how loud 50w of tube power was. It turns out it's way too loud for my needs and my practice space.

I bought it off of ebay, and it arrived not working too well. I had it serviced and all of the power tubes were replaced. When I got it back, it still wasn't working, so I had to pay for it to be serviced again. This time, the jacks were replaced or cleaned.

Now, it works great. Occasionally there will be a stray noise, but 99% of the time the only noise it makes is the noise it is supposed to make. However, when I play a low G and the reverb is turned up I can hear a faint rattling. The first place I took it too said the or one of the reverb springs was loose, but they never got around to fixing anything, so I had to take it to another place, and they probably didn't fix it.

I can't guarantee its sound quality, but only because I don't know how to tell if an amp sounds good or not. I realize I have like 2 posts on this board, and I will take whatever measures need to be taken to prove that I am a real person really selling this amp.

I'd prefer to communicate via this thread or email and not PM. My email is naf3@pitt.edu.
I forgot to mention that I'm located in the US, and that's $400 US. I'll ship anywhere, but I imagine that shipping would be pretty expensive to other countries.
Someone let me know if the price is too high. It's definitely less than I spent on buying and repairing the amp. I can probably find the receipts from the repairs if anyone wants to see them.
well i think 400 is way too much for a 50watt crate tube head that lets out a stray sound every once in a while and has reverb problems. i bought a crate BV120H (100 watt tube head) in perfect working order for $300 about 2 years ago and although you can supply the repair receipts, it was your decision to buy the amp in the first place so a buyer shouldnt be asked to pay your repair costs. just my 2cents.
^Isn't the BV120H, 120 watts?

But yeah aside from the minor malfunctions, that's kind of high, crate's arent that good. My friends blue voodoo sounds like ass.
I will lower the price to $350. But, I don't really see any problem with including the cost of the repairs in the price of the amp, since the repairs translate to better item condition, which is valuable.
Quote by injected

But yeah aside from the minor malfunctions, that's kind of high, crate's arent that good. My friends blue voodoo sounds like ass.

Crate is just a name. Not all Crates are the same.

Also, I haven't heard a stray noise since I first got the amp back from the second repair. But, since I did hear some stray noises, I didn't wan to say the amp was in perfect working order, just in case it does make stray noises in the future.
Quote by injected

the bv120 is supposed to be 120 but by the specs its actually 100. as for your friends BV soundin like ass, tell him to put a sonic stomp and a boss eq in the loop. it will enhance the sound by 1000%. cheap crates arent that good. play a tube with some additions and you've got a tube amp that sounds better than a jcm and cost you like $1000 bucks less
Anyone want it for $300 shipped east of the Mississippi, $320 west, $250 local. That's probably the lowest I'll go.