i currently have an epiphone SG gothic. i have had it for around a year but its not really my style anymore and i have never really got on with it so am looking to sell it and change to an Epiphone Les Paul, something with a bit more colour and slightly different look!

So now i have a few problems all caused by my lack of knowledge on the subject, so i need some help!

firstly The SG Gothic is still in very good condition and has been played very little, it is by all accounts in mint condition. im not sure how much to sell it for?

Next i want to buy an epiphone Les Paul with little extra money than i sell the SG for but here lies the secod and third dilemas,

What is the difference between all the different types of Les Paul?
The LP 10
Special II
The Studio

etc etc

obviously its about quality but what am i sacrificing for the different types?

Finally what can i expect to get for the money?

I hope some of you out there can help me! i would really appreciate some comments and advice on the subject.

Cheers!
First of all, what amp do you have? Second of all, you will grow out of those cheaper guitars rather quickly. I recommend saving up so you can get something that will last longer.
LP100 uses open buckers, vol/tone X2 dot inlays, comes in HC sunburst and Black, flat top
Studio comes with open buckers, dot inlays, comes in faded colours like brown, arched top
Special II, open buckers, vol/tone X1, dot inlays, comes in black, wine red, vintage sunburst, flat top

i seriously suggest the 100. it's a better guitar, both visually and inplayability, then the other two. the special II is the cheapest, but it sucks balls. the Studio is a slught improvement, but i find that the LP100 is the best of the bunch.

hope this helped.

Cheers.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Save your money a little longer and buy a gibson les paul studio instead. Because the difference between a gibson and a epiphone is like day and night. And the difference in price for the gibson lp studio and a standard epiphone lp is not that big.
Quote by super_wipper
Save your money a little longer and buy a gibson les paul studio instead. Because the difference between a gibson and a epiphone is like day and night. And the difference in price for the gibson lp studio and a standard epiphone lp is not that big.

Don't buy a gibson studio, the quality control is terrible. Either go with an Epi Elitist or get a Gibson Standard series.