I've been looking at this guitar for a while now. I know this guitar is high quality and great for metal (not to mention it looks amazing), but is it equally good for rock, hard rock, and blues? I'm for sure going to check it out before I buy it, but I want to make sure I should even bother.

In other words, can this guitar play bands like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Derek and the Dominoes, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, maybe some Mars Volta and so on?
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
its a little too high gain for what you wanna play cuz of the EMG's. try something with passive pups.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
I've picked up the guitar myself, I play through my practice amp a Peavy Bandit 112:
I could play through possibly any genre, although the gain is a little intense.
I like adding a hard rock/metal hybrid to any other genre I play so it's fine for me, I don't know about anyone else though.
should be good for more than half of the mentioned bands.
it can if youve got the amp and all that other crap. Its a reli amazing guitar. Im not just saying that cuz i own it. It is made for metal, but it is actually surprisingly versitile. I was playing it through 5150s and stuff and it was metal ready and then i plugged into a mesa and got some nice crunch sound. I know its a mesa but still. If youve got the amp to go. then your ready to rock and well umm ready to blues? lol. just go to the store and try it out. You might find that the emgs give you a different sound for blues that you might like. Just go check it out.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by FireandFlames
Get the one with Duncans instead of the EMG ones if you want to play those bands with that guitar.

You speak of the EC-400VF?

That's a beautiful guitar as well, I would happily check it out if it's better for my taste than the EC-1000.

EDIT: In fact, I may even prefer the EC-400 now that I've really started to look it up.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

______________________███████████████████
Last edited by LgLagro at Sep 7, 2008,
yah a certian color comes with duncans
edit: the amber sunburst one to be exact
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
The Amber Sunburst one would be perfect for you.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate