The main thing that is incredibly puzzling to me, is, why is there a bar of 8/4 than 9/4 at the start, but there only appears 6 and 7 crotchet beats in those bars, respectivley.

The 12/4 bar only seems to have 11 crotchet beats in it.

and the tupleted bars...

Crazy!
Quote by Galvanise69
The main thing that is incredibly puzzling to me, is, why is there a bar of 8/4 than 9/4 at the start, but there only appears 6 and 7 crotchet beats in those bars, respectivley.

The 12/4 bar only seems to have 11 crotchet beats in it.

and the tupleted bars...

Crazy!

yeah I dont really get that either and there is actually even less beats because there are multiple voices notated
I have a feeling its arranged for bass string(s) and melody strings on a guitar.

Where did you get the music from? Are you sure its correct?
Quote by Galvanise69
I have a feeling its arranged for bass string(s) and melody strings on a guitar.

Where did you get the music from? Are you sure its correct?

If you watch the video, there's one guy performing it on solo guitar.
^ I know, but it could have been arranged for a violin, it wouldent stop a guitarist for playing it.

I do see what you mean, it was a bit of a faceplam wasnt it?
yes its arranged for guitar and the notes are correct. not sure if the time signatures are correct
It's a guitar piece by Leo Brouwer called El Decameron Negro. It was written for guitar. Leo Brouwer is a great cuban composer I suggest you look up his writing for guitar, I find it interesting.

That guitarist needs to work on his vibrato. This piece is at least at superior conservatory level(way beyond what I can play now) so I can't tell you if the time signatures are correct. I can tell you the guy in the video is playing the piece correctly. Not to my liking but it's correct nonetheless.
that guy does a great job imo.... he has a huge sound which takes years to get right and he played it very musically.
that guy does a great job imo.... he has a huge sound which takes years to get right and he played it very musically.

Bah, I just don't like the way he played it. I've heard better versions. And I still think his vibrato is awful. He uses so much movement and effort in it but it hardly pays off, the pitch hardly changes.

I still can't help with the analysis.