Ibanez

That is the new Ibanez S Prestige with 24 frets. Has anyone had any experience with one. I have played other S's but never this one. Would it be practically the same as the 22 fret ones. I was wondering cause i was considering getting it. I was also considering the E-Gen but i dont know when it will come out and it will be 4 buttloads of money. If you know when it comes out and how much it will cost like at Guitarcenter Not List Price cause i already know that. Thanks
Sorry for another E-Gen Thread.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Don't know about the release date, but eh EGen has a list price of $3066 (same as a JEM77VBK) so it should be about $2300 retail...

It's funny because I was researching this same guitar this morning. I ahven't gotten the chance to play one, but I'm also very interested...
Quote by IbanezRulez
oh btw i was talking 'bout the S5470F...

i was really thinking about getting that one cause its already out and its cheaper.
I really like Dragonforce *raises flame shield* and to shred so i was thinking this was for me
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by T!AN
Well whichever guitar you end up with, I hope you replace your amp first...

hey buttcrack i like my spider so dont talk crap about it

beside its better then yours...........wait a minute
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by HighPotency
If it's really a Spider II and not a spider III, ignore the bandwagoning.

My comment has nothing to do with bandwagoning. He could've had a Valvetronix, Cube, Vypyr, etc and I would have said the same thing.

And FYI, the Spider II is actually a worse amp then the III.
Last edited by T!AN at Sep 7, 2008,
Dont forget, they also have an improved trem system. They are "supposed to" return to "Point Zero" which is "supposedly" exactly where you left it before you did that divebomb that you just started to regret :O

I honestly think it sounds like a good trem system.

Also they have different pickups then the normal s prestige models.

Those are all the differences Iv seen. (and btw check out http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S5470 same guitar but the finish on the bottom pic, the burst, looks pretty hot, lol).

EDIT: this is just personal advice (and what I mean by that is dont get mad xD ) but I don't really see a that big of a difference between that and the standard 320 ( http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320 ) I donno about you but I would change the pickups no matter what s I got to evo's and with that in mind the only differences are the trem (remember the normal zr is good too!) and the number of frets, some may perfer 24 but im fine with 22.

well, just a thought to mull around.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Last edited by Oblivian at Sep 7, 2008,
Quote by Oblivian
Dont forget, they also have an improved trem system. They are "supposed to" return to "Point Zero" which is "supposedly" exactly where you left it before you did that divebomb that you just started to regret :O

I honestly think it sounds like a good trem system.

Also they have different pickups then the normal s prestige models.

Those are all the differences Iv seen. (and btw check out http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S5470 same guitar but the finish on the bottom pic, the burst, looks pretty hot, lol).

yeah i know thats why i want the ZR cause its ball-bearings and not knife edge and has the point zero.

i like the red viking one but i think its limited edition
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
consider http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S470DXQM too, the viking finish is pretty nice on that. (That quilt makes my "want to eat a bag of nails, then throw them up in another" but Im sure you could find one with a decent quilt)
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
I used to respect herman li about a year ago. And I love his guitar, it looks great. But herman li looks bad
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite