i have a lucero guitar that has enough room for another fret bar on the 1,2,5,6 strings down by the sound hole. my question is where would i possibly take my guitar to get another added? the main reason i want to do this is my guitar only has 18 frets and many nylon based songs i'm trying to learn require 19 on the 1st and 2nd strings, so it's a must.
I don't even want to think about how that would work.

Why not use 7th fret harmonics?

EDIT: Luceros are cheap guitars anyway, even if it was possible, it would probably cost more than the guitar's worth.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

well just looking at it you would guess that all you would need to do is grind out the slot for the bar then insert it and glue it, sounds easy enough so why would it cost so much? and its not so easy to use 7th fret harmonics in this case... i've tried. (rodrigo y gabriela cover of one by metallica, so its a bit fast.)
well, I believe that the neck being set the way it is, and because the bridge is placed in relation to scale length, it would be more than adding a fret. You'd then have to reposition the bridge, and probably deal with a few more issues after that to get it working perfectly.

Up to you, I just wouldn't want to try it. Take it to a shop and see what they say.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Adding a fret wouldnt be huge issue. The bridge wont have to be moved. It would take some special tools to install so would be best to get a shop to do it. But its not going to be a 10 or 20 dollar thing to get done.
k thanks, and i wasn't expecting it to be a 10 or 20 dollar thing, but i hope its not a 100 dollar thing... is guitar center a good place or are there specialty shops i should go to?
no, REALLY.... why would you want to do this? its going to cost a LOT of money. probably more than the guitar is worth.

you should probably buy a new one, with more frets
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
No, Guitar Center is not the place to go. You need to find a professional luthier in your home town. If you were close to me, I'd probably take the job for the hell of it.

I'd charge you at least $50, and I've got no overhead. When you get it to a shop, it just might be $100. (but they should hopefully do it right)

I recommend buying another guitar. (especially if this one cost less than like $300 or $400)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
My guess is it would be close to intonating on that fret... and close to straight, but never perfect.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music