That's right. Let's try NOT to talk about SRV that much. Yes, he is a Texas blues player, but he has his own thread, so let's talk about the others. Reverend Billy Gibbons, Freddie King, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Albert Collins, Johnny Winter, all those other awesome Texans.
ZZ Top was one of the first blues bands I ever really heard I think. Of course I didn't really know anything about blues or Texas blues at the time...

But I was only like 6 or 7.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Johnny winter shreds the firebird like no other.....
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
Johnny winter shreds the firebird like no other.....

Hellz yeah. It was a damn shame when he switched to that headless guitar thing though.
I love that guitar. How does he tune it though? I saw him twice. He looks like complete shit but he sounds incredible. He didn't open his eyes once throughout the whole show.
Haha. Who cares what he looks like, he's authentic.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
^ Yeah, definitely.

What does everything think of his voice over the years now? In the beginning, my god, it was overwhelming. Now though, though it's definitely more subdued, I actually like it considering he's stopped with the whole "rock n' roll" thing.
My favorite Albino Slide guitar player is from texas.
Doyle Bramhall ii is pretty awesome,grew up in the same house as SRV!
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Johnny "Guitar" Watson is where it is at.

That guy had some serious soul.
Quote by Seryaph
Johnny "Guitar" Watson is where it is at.

That guy had some serious soul.

Space guitar blows me away everytime.

Freddie King is also very bad ass.

Albert Collins, the master of the Telecaster- The Iceman.
Hot damn what a guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5uAN602MLI

I don't envy the poor Organ player who had to go after that solo

Johnny Winter is just insane, his Rock Me Baby...
Enough said.
I just got Albert Collins Life From Austin, TX. Awsome set.

Anybody else listen to Johnny Copeland here?
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
I like Johnny Clyde Copeland too.

Have you heard his daughter? Shemekia Copeland. I like electric guitar blues, and I don't have any CDs by Etta James or KoKo Taylor so I'm not a big fan of blues singers. But Copeland's daughter can sing like a canary.
haha anyone heard of Omar and the Howlers?

thats a pretty good band from Texas, as well. a new band, at that ;D

they have a dirty sound, witch sounds pretty cool with his voice. should check em out

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Albert Collins is damn good. The man uses humbuckers right? I havn't ever actually checked into his gear.
Quote by RichieKotzen
Albert Collins is damn good. The man uses humbuckers right? I havn't ever actually checked into his gear.

He used a Telecaster with a Gibson PAF in the neck. He mainly used the bridge pup with little to no bass, mids at noon, and almost full treble. Combine that with a cranked Fender Quad Reverb, you get that infamous "Ice-Pickin'" tone. He also used the bridge in combination with the neck, I'm not sure of any recordings of him only using the neck however.