DISCLAIMER: i know how the pit can be, so i want to state this in plain English up front.
I DO NOT CONDONE INCEST. i think its disgusting and sick. if you want it, im no one to judge, but its not for me.

right, so now that i have your attention heres my question.

say a guy falls in love with a girl. head over heels, crazy in love. they get married. they have two kids, ones a daughter. the daughter is identical to her mother, and acts just like her in almost every way.

the mom then dies.
by now, lets say the daughter is fully grown and moms been dead a few years.

what stops the dad from falling in love with his daughter?
we've established that shes just like the woman he fell in love with.

i think its based on how he was raised. like if he was raised in a society that didn't approve of incest, hes very likely to not fall in love with her. but if hes raised in a society that does, is he more likely to fall in love with his daughter?

just something to think about. sorry if i raped your mind haha.
Yeah, you raped my mind.

Nah, actually I've thought about that before.

I wish I had more to say about it but all I can say is I agree with your theory.

I also wonder what it would be like to be in the same situation and then realize you're closely related. Then what do you do? I mean I highly doubt the relationship could go on THAT long without finding something like that out. But still...
ill tell you what stops the dad from doing this, the thought of getting put in jail for being a weirdo.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Such is the concept the second verse of Alive, Eddie Vedder always wins.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
meee...i don't think so, you love your daughter in a different way that your wife no matter what...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by TurtlesNeverDie
I also wonder what it would be like to be in the same situation and then realize you're closely related. Then what do you do? I mean I highly doubt the relationship could go on THAT long without finding something like that out. But still...

that would depress me to no end. i dont know what id do. end it obviously, but then what? that would suck so much.
Well, considering that the daughter is also half of the father's genetic material, it could be like masturbation for him, just with a vagina. And for the record, I don't support incest.
Quote by TurtlesNeverDie
Yeah, you raped my mind.

Nah, actually I've thought about that before.

I wish I had more to say about it but all I can say is I agree with your theory.

actually there was a set of twins in england or something. that were separated and then wound up getting married...
It wouldn't happen. The daughter cannot be "exactly" like the mother. We are defined, slightly by genes, but mostly by our experiences.

It's the same concept that, if you were to clone yourself, the two of you would cease to be "clones" in the the traditional sense of the word immediately, because he would have no experience of being born, and you would have no sense of coming out of a test tube/incubator/whateverthehellyoumadehimin.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
But unless you cloned your wife in daughter form, it WOULDN'T be possible, as you'd not only be falling in love with your offspring, but with yourself, as the daughter is, indeed, half you.

That would be plain narcissistic, which is easy for me cuz I'm so damn sexy *hair sheen.*
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Most fathers already love their daughters, and alot of them manage not to **** them. You can love someone without having a sexual relationship....just for the record.
I feel like he would have a completely different relationship with his daughter than he had with his wife and he wouldn't want to bang her.
one of the points in people against cloning.

edit: i got beaten to it..
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
inb4redneckjokes

on topic, I don't think that the daughter could be exactly like the mother, but she will definitely bring back memories and possibly tempt him.
Last edited by Sunburst PR at Sep 7, 2008,
this is why you use a condom.

you act differently towards you daughter her whole life and you just don't have those kind of feelings towards her.
Quote by Sunburst PR
inb4redneckjokes

What's so special about a virgin redneck girl?

She's faster than her brothers.

Oh wait...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
yeah, i pretty much agree with you, TS.

i once saw an episode of Maury (if you don't know, its like a PG-13 version of Jerry Springer). there was a couple who had a couple of unanswered questions, three days before their wedding.

they both were adopted but grew up withing 100 miles of each other. neither of them knew/remembered their biological parents.

so they began to wonder whether or not they were siblings. they appear on the show and the tv producers did a blood test for them. blood test results: siblings.

the worst part of it wasn't their shock, but to hear Maury ask "Did you sleep together" and hear them answer, tears in their eyes, "Yes"

i don't like the idea of incest, but if i fell in love with a girl i would definitely not want to find out that she's my cousin/sister. for me, it's definitely a mental thing.