Page 1 of 2
Quote by frottage
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418204,00.html

Sorry if this one has been posted already.

They're saying that they'll be turning it on on Wednesday, but some dude said there won't be any affects for like four years or something. I'm sort of worried about it in the back of my mind, but whatever.

4 years is 2012

Coincidence? I think so.
Nah, I think it's something like 44 days until the LHC is used to actually collide atoms. Until then, they'll just be doing test runs..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Eric 666
4 years is 2012

Coincidence? I think so.

holy god damn shit..

..this man is on to somthing..

jfc..
Did you know that terrorists in Iraq have weapons of mass destruction and are planning on drilling to the center of the earth and blowing it apart?

This is going to happen next week, I heard about it on the internets, and as you all know, the internet is serious business.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Before even clicking, if this has anything to do with the LHC, then youre retarded.
EDIT: Congratulations...
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Last edited by bassmanjoe08 at Sep 7, 2008,
you realize that the LHC is completely safe.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Quote by floppypick
Did you know that terrorists in Iraq have weapons of mass destruction and are planning on drilling to the center of the earth and blowing it apart?

This is going to happen next week, I heard about it on the internets, and as you all know, the internet is serious business.

Wouldn't they get attacked by mole people though? They would deter their progress.

I read that on the internet too.
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
i thought they took the case to court and decided that he couldnt use it..

That would be a giant slap in the face as it took ~$3billion to build the thing
So in the process of trying to disprove god they could end up destorying our planet... brilliant. No i really don't think it will destroy our planet but does it really matter if we know the world started with a big bang?
tomorrow popeye the sailor man is gonna have sex with an active volcano which will summon a great big kathy griffin robot to deep fry the core of the earth causing the world to explode. say your goodbyes cuz thats how its gonna happen
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Before even clicking, if this has anything to do with the LHC, then youre retarded.

they're starting up the ATLAS detector in 2 days

no collisions yet though
Quote by ACG
That would be a giant slap in the face as it took ~$3billion to build the thing

what a total waste of money think of what could have been done to help the world with that kind of money.
Aw hell naw.

What's next? Crab people invasion?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Everything that could possibly destroy the earth always happens on 2012. I never thought humans can be this skilled at planning
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

i really didnt understand the article lol i got lost
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Sorry for my ignorance on the subject... but what exactly IS this... LHC thingy?
O O

___
Quote by InvaderTSN
Wouldn't they get attacked by mole people though? They would deter their progress.

I read that on the internet too.

Potentially, but they have their weapons those terrorists does. Bush says so, so that means the mole people better watch out.

It will slow down progress so give it about 2 more days.

You will feel a rumble then the planet will split apart and we will all die!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Pepperommi

I honestly think its a coincidence, just so that I could tarnish all the rumors of people thinking it would fulfill a prophecy and stupid shit, you know how UGers are.
What is this LHC thingie?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Quote by TheBax
Sorry for my ignorance on the subject... but what exactly IS this... LHC thingy?

Large Hadron Collider... it's a huge underground circular tunnel that will collide atoms at incredible speeds... like I believe it's somewhere around 17km long and the atoms will make ~3000 revolutions per second (these figures are WAY off, btw...I'll get the real figures in a sec). It's being used to try and witness something called the Higgs particle, which will somehow prove the big bang theory.

Someone, please correct any mistakes I made

Edit: so it's 17 MILES long, and the particles will make 11,000 revolutions per second.
And also, from wiki: "When activated, it is theorized that the collider will produce the elusive Higgs boson, the observation of which could confirm the predictions and missing links in the Standard Model of physics and could explain how other elementary particles acquire properties such as mass.[2][1] The verification of the existence of the Higgs boson would be a significant step in the search for a Grand Unified Theory, which seeks to unify three of the four known fundamental forces: electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force, leaving out only gravity. The Higgs boson may also help to explain why gravitation is so weak compared to the other three forces."
Last edited by ACG at Sep 7, 2008,
Quote by smb

TV made the world stupid.

TV made me smarter.
Thanks to BBC four I actually know what the LHC is for, what it does and what they're actually hoping to find xD
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Fox
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by OddOneOut
TV made me smarter.
Thanks to BBC four I actually know what the LHC is for, what it does and what they're actually hoping to find xD
I'd never realised there was a used for BBC4.

Seriously though, that's good. It seems most news sources are just spreading the idiocy.
Quote by floppypick
Potentially, but they have their weapons those terrorists does. Bush says so, so that means the mole people better watch out.

It will slow down progress so give it about 2 more days.

You will feel a rumble then the planet will split apart and we will all die!

As primitive the mole people are, they know how the underground tunnels work, and would be able to ambush the terrorists. They would then acquire the weapons the terrorists are using, create copies of them, and began taking over the surface world.
Quote by smb
I'd never realised there was a used for BBC4.

Seriously though, that's good. It seems most news sources are just spreading the idiocy.

Yeah.
One of the scientists said that she thought it would be practically impossible for the LHC to create anything that could actually cause any harm.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Yeah.
One of the scientists said that she thought it would be practically impossible for the LHC to create anything that could actually cause any harm.

That's what the scientists at Black Mesa said before causing the Resonance Cascade, and we all know how that turned out.
Quote by InvaderTSN
That's what the scientists at Black Mesa said before causing the Resonance Cascade, and we all know how that turned out.

Yes...
@ ACG:

so... why is it a threat to the earth? What's gonna (supposidly) happen?
O O

___
Quote by ViperScale
what a total waste of money think of what could have been done to help the world with that kind of money.

Hah, actually I was a bit off. It costed around $7billion. =\
Quote by TheBax
@ ACG:

so... why is it a threat to the earth? What's gonna (supposidly) happen?

Oh, well some people (idiots) think it will create mini black holes (which there IS chance of it doing) that will consume the planet (which there is NO chance that will happen).
Page 1 of 2