Page 1 of 2
So I have enough homework to constitute an all nighter. Any help on how to do this. I know I can keep myself awake, but being focused will be the tough part. I have to finish one novel (halfway done) and read an entire second one. Read 4 chapters in my Physics book, read a physics-related article, along with writing a reaction, and doing some simple math problems. No suggestions like adderol or the like please. There's no soda/candy in the house, I doubt I can keep a caffeine buzz going via tea or hot chocolate, and I surprisingly don't know how to make coffee. So I'm asking the pit on how to keep focused all night to do my over-procrastinated homework.
Don't fall asleep
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Get teh hellzorz off UG for starters....

Eat, and listen/watch TV or music really loudly.....or with headphones

And take occasional short breaks, I did this once, just take a few minutes to get up, walk around, etc......
I had to read most of The Scarlet Letter and finish a 20 page packet of worksheets all in one night......
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Put on deth metulz! and dude honestly i dont see you getting that done... what novels are you reading?
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Monster's are your friends (or whichever energy drink you prefer)
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Go to the "Mindfuck thread" It has been known to cause insomnia!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I actually never drink energy drinks (I've never tried even a red bull or Monster). The books are pretty easy, The Hound of Baskerville and Monster. I might be able to walk to the deli to buy a few energy drinks if need be... I'll wait for more advice (sadly this is a last resort of procrastination).
You're ill tomorrow, therefore you can't go to school - problem solved for 1+ day(s).
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by ARCtrooper225
I actually never drink energy drinks (I've never tried even a red bull or Monster). The books are pretty easy, The Hound of Baskerville and Monster. I might be able to walk to the deli to buy a few energy drinks if need be... I'll wait for more advice (sadly this is a last resort of procrastination).

I don't see the fact that you've never had one before stops that from being an option, go out and buy some. Doesn't matter how late it is, go to one of those 24-hour petrol stations. I bought some energy drinks at 4am to keep me going through the rest of the day after an all nighter once.
do what mattyp said, oh and quit procrastinating, you will regret it, I did.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Here is what i do when i pull an all nighter. I get a can of soda and but coffee grounds in it. I then drink it down, it gets you a little paranoid since it really does keep you awake for a while. Just drink a little then put like three spoonfuls in the can and chug, trust me on it, it works.
walk to the deli and get energy drinks. And get off UG.

Do the math and reaction first.

Use sparknotes for the two novels to get an understanding of the book beforehand and then read as much as you can.

If you save the easy math problems for last, you might get the idea in your head like you can do it tomorrow morning whilst eating breakfast. So make sure to do that first to avoid desaster.

-Your fellow procrastinator.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Just don't do it. Seriously, no homework is worth that much trouble.
dont fap. that makes you want to sleep.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
i used to do these all the time:

- put on a movie ur VERY familar with so it can run in the background

-dont use headphones...u'll fall asleep faster

-coffee is ur friend, but you'll feel reallllly weird in teh morn

-if u have a pet, keep them nearby and interact with them alot, they really really help

-if ur using messenger, chat to ppl if their on occasionally, this helps depending on the wokr ur doin

-anything that keeps ur brain stimulated

- do light excersise every hour - anything to keep ur oxygen flow up to deter yawning as much as possible
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
setting little short range goals will help. Like, read 50 pages from one of the novels. Then do 5 math problems, then read the physics article. Just keep changing things up so you don't get super bored with one and fall asleep. And, get the worst out of the way first. Good Luck, I'm so glad I'm not doing that tonight.
I read somewhere that listening to music that you hate will keep you awake. Try it, it should work.
Quote by bigtimmy

-if u have a pet, keep them nearby and interact with them alot, they really really help

-if ur using messenger, chat to ppl if their on occasionally, this helps depending on the wokr ur doin

- do light excersise every hour - anything to keep ur oxygen flow up to deter yawning as much as possible

All these things will most likely prolong his homework.
frequent trips to starbucks/dunkin doughnuts to load up on coffee.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by bigtimmy

So...the best way to get everything done is by watching movies, petting my dog, drinking coffee, talking on AIM and exercising? How would I get my work done with all that distration?
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by -O_O-
All these things will most likely prolong his homework.

nope, they helped me greatly, especially the pets.

look the point is he has to keep his brain stimulated, if he sits there in silence, with no-one to talk to and yawning, how much work do you think he'll actually do?

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
hey worked for me, and that was doing engineering work and design folios.

you asked for advice because you didnt get ur work done in the first place, so dont knock back thoughts from someone who works a damn sight harder than you ever have.

good luck anyway

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by lagunasunrise
walk to the deli and get energy drinks. And get off UG.

Do the math and reaction first.

Use sparknotes for the two novels to get an understanding of the book beforehand and then read as much as you can.

If you save the easy math problems for last, you might get the idea in your head like you can do it tomorrow morning whilst eating breakfast. So make sure to do that first to avoid desaster.

-Your fellow procrastinator.

Verily.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Get off the computer and start as soon as you can.

Or just skip school tomorrow.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by ARCtrooper225
I think I'm gonna swing by my deli right now and pick up a few cans of Rockstar or Monster, hopefully they taste good. Thanks.

He has definently never had Rockstar before!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Honestly.. if theres a coffee maker and coffee in the house.. make some.
Look on the internet on how to make it LOL
When I was 13.. I had to pull an all nighter.. had no clue how to do it so I learned
how to make coffee. It tasted absolutely disgusting, but it totally kept me up all night.
Trust me, it'll be near impossible to pull it off without caffeine.
Careful though, cause when you get to school tomorrow you're going to be tired as hell.
I was getting chills and I almost had a feeling like I was totally empty (metaphorically :P)

But it's worth it if it means that you get the work done

EDIT: Yeah, the energy drinks will actually probably just work better xD
One word, two syllables. Sparknotes.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
It'll be hard, but you will feel so awesome once your done. Also, cold water + face = good.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Seryaph
This is not going to happen.

that is my advice to you.

this.

i suggest eating mentos and drinking coca cola tomorrow morning.
Quote by gunners fan
He has definently never had Rockstar before!

LOLOLOLOLOL ITZ TR00! Monster is like girls in a can though.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Staying awake won't be the hardest part.
Remembering all that shit will be
Take notes or do something to document important bits of each item so you don't lose sleep for nothing.

Also: THIS.

It speaks the truth.
Last edited by daltonator9690 at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

I had to read most of The Scarlet Letter and finish a 20 page packet of worksheets all in one night......

*shudders*
That book bored me to tears.
We got to read the odyssey right after though, so it was all good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
When you feel like you'll fall asleep, slap yourself.
Repeat as often as necessary.
Removed because of damn rules.. >_>
What kind of tea do you drink? Hopefully Earl Grey because you could make "Black Death" no it won't kill ya it'll make you more energized than you have ever been before. You fill up a tea cup a quarter of teh way then put in 4-6 Earl Grey tea bags and let it soak for a couple of minutes, then down it like a shot. I've done for for a couple of last second end-of-semester papers. Works god, and it helps you during Rock Band!!!!
Page 1 of 2