I used the search bar and didn't find anything recent so...

I'm going to be getting a used whammy 4 shortly so I wanted to know if there has been any changes to the whammy 4 since it came out. So would one from 2006 be any different from one that was bought new today in '08?

Thanks for any help and if someone is selling one cheap I'll take it.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
I don't think the Whammy IV has been changed since it was introduced...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Okay good, so if anyone can sell me one for around $100 I'll buy it. I know that's kind of low, but I'm cheap.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by MorgMetal_666
Okay good, so if anyone can sell me one for around $100 I'll buy it. I know that's kind of low, but I'm cheap.

are you serious?
theyre like 160 used at GC
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
On ebay and harmony-central classifieds they're sell for around $120-130. So I'm low, but not extremely low. I'd take one for $115. It depends on the condition.
SPAM:

the whammy 4 is basically the whammy 1 :P but with more features. The other whammy's were different, but due to bad press they re-released the whammy one again and again and people liked it, so they re-did 1 again, but with more features and a sleeker body.
^ Wrong.

Whammy 4 doesn't track anywhere near as good as the whammy 1 or 2.

They get worse as they go along
The only great virtue of the Whammy 4 versus the original is the ability to control it via Midi. The saddest thing is that used prices on the original or so terribly inflated it's not even funny.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by ClementWave
^ Wrong.

Whammy 4 doesn't track anywhere near as good as the whammy 1 or 2.

They get worse as they go along

how do they get worst?? dont they impove them and thats why they release newer versions??

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by tamargoguitar
how do they get worst?? dont they impove them and thats why they release newer versions??

TG

The octave tracking gets worse and more unreliable as they go along.
Quote by ClementWave
The octave tracking gets worse and more unreliable as they go along.

You do know that your suppossed to re-calibrate the thing every once in a while, right?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Also, the tone suckage increases with every version....the bypass switches get worse as they go along.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan
Also, the tone suckage increases with every version....the bypass switches get worse as they go along.

not that i dont believe you, you might me right, but it seems stupid to me that THOSE things get worst

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Thanks for the input guys, is there a way to modify the bypass to make it better?
SPAM:

Its usually the same with most pedals, the builder try to make something better than it usually it by adding more features in....but then in the end they just end up cutting out some of the original recipe, and not making it better than the original; just a box with extra knobs....that's why originals are worth so much more.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster