normally im quite good with computers but this one has me stumped. i had to reformat my computers hard drive almost a month ago and when i did so i used my friends xp installation cds because i couldnt find mine at the moment. i thought id be able to find it before the validation period was up, and i dont know where the damn thing is. i think one of my parents misplaced it a while ago. anyway, my computer needs validated xp keys by tuesday i think or it will lock me out of it. im planning to possibly buy an external usb hard drive this week. i was wondering if anyone had a way, or knows if its possible to get media(ie. songs movies pictures etc.) off of my computer after it deactivates? like can i put it into some mode(like disc mode on an ipod or something) and transfer my stuff off it?

at least this is what ill do for the time being. the main thing i want is my music and movies since i can just play them on my xbox if i plug the hard drive in. my parents said theyll both look everywhere for the cd keys and if they still cant find them im going to try to get them to buy a new computer since mine is old as hell anyway.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Vader, Darth

So being a sith lord is trendy now? I'm so behind.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
anyone have serious help?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Alright, first and foremost I would recommend getting that external pronto and moving the media over BEFORE Windows locks you out. You could try booting Windows in safemode, but I don't know if that will work. My only other thought would be running Linux Ubuntu from a cd which should give you access to your harddrive. You won't be able to play the media but you should be able to move it over.
oh yea i forgot i have slax on a cd somewhere i might be able to use. idk if itd read my hard drive as a device though, being an apple product
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
oh yea i forgot i have slax on a cd somewhere i might be able to use. idk if itd read my hard drive as a device though, being an apple product

Slax is Linux, and I think it'll work
i hope. if not im pretty much screwed
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by Linqua5150
i hope. if not im pretty much screwed

until you get Windows registered