1 5%
Roland Cube 15X
11 50%
Peavey Vypyr 15W
9 41%
Vox Pathfinder 15R
1 5%
Voters: 22.
So I need to know fast which practice amp is best for my tastes, my budget is $100 and I can't stretch it that much(+$15 max), I play stuff from as i lay dying, fall of troy, autumn offering, misery signals and such, I want to have enough distortion for pinch harmonics and pickslides, and I need to know fast
Your bands suck, buy a valve junior.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by Telepath
I wasn't asking if my bands sucked, I was asking for an amp...

and I recommended one, I was just providing you with constructive criticism in your music tastes.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
wow as i lay dying and the autumn offering do not suck idk what the hell hes talking about i love those bands and id go for the valveking 50w for 400 bucks if u can afford it but i dont know enough about those other amps to help ya out sorry =(
will the cube or vypyr have enough gain without hum or "mud" for my kind of style?
Quote by evilbeaver22
and I recommended one, I was just providing you with constructive criticism in your music tastes.

Some constructive criticism for you: Stop being an asshole
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
well yeah you gave your opinion(and it was good) but that's really twice my budget
What?
This thread is full of fail already.

Get a microcube or the vypyr.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Telepath
will the cube or vypyr have enough gain without hum or "mud" for my kind of style?

Well,no frankly, for your style you really need an mg, that was your sound can suck as much as your favorite bands.

anyways, I'm done trolling now, it's not as much fun as it looks.
Really, to each his own, I'm not into those bands, but at least they're not the Jonas Brothers so they've got that going for them at least, thank you all for your angry replies and honestly if you can afford a vj they're great amps.
/Over and out
Quote by GeneralGrim
Last edited by evilbeaver22 at Sep 7, 2008,
Quote by evilbeaver22
Well,no frankly, for your style you really need an mg, that was your sound can suck as much as your favorite bands.

no but really, save more money. Don tbother buying an amp for a hundred dollars. Its not worth it.
evil stfu and get out of this thread if u dont wanna help and bash his music, its his choice what he listens to why should u care
Quote by evilbeaver22
Your bands suck, buy a valve junior.

Joke?
Cause that is actually a pretty poor choice for him.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I'm liking the reviews from the cube but anyone knows if the distortion from the vypyr is good?(I won't be able to try the amp)
Keep in mind that this is the (comparatively) crappy cube.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
the cube 15 x and microcube are totally different. The micro is well known to be reliable and worth the money. The 15 x is a piece of crap. I unfortunately own one.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
There's not alot of info on the Vypyrs, but they sound quite good.
I'd go and try that next to a Cube.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well i think that settles it, considering I can't extend my budget for a micro cube, and seeing that the vypyr is better than than the vox i'll buy that