Post the pictures here, otherwise you're just advertising which will get you reported and then likely banned.
Probably around 10 large depending on the condition.

It's not comepletely stock, but it's clean, so I say about 8 grand.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

everything is stock except the strings, knobs & pickguard. I should have all the little parts too.
I would drool all over your guitar, but I'm afraid it would depreciate the value, lol.

If you have all the stock parts, you could get a small fortune, because that things is damn near immaculate.
Quote by BR0THERALEX
everything is stock except the strings, knobs & pickguard. I should have all the little parts too.

so not all stock then !!!

10K??? - not in this lifetime

MAYBE £1500 if you can find all the stock parts. without them, id say £1200, maybe less.

its worth what someone will pay for it. most peeps looking for vintage will be wanting original fittings, so the desire for yours will diminish, compared to one with all the original parts.
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Quote by Telecaster7
early 70's weren't the best years for fenders

well, i played along side 60's Fenders, and there was no noticable difference. we even swapped guitars. you'd have to look to see the difference.
The sounds were awesome to say the least.

The 70's were cool like that!
it looks beautiful!

The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
I'm super jealous that you own that.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
About £2000 would be my estimate. 70's Fender's don't exactly have the best reputation, but if you've got a nice one and player, then mojo is something you can't put a price on.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
wait for a while...they will grow in value
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
If you'd shoved a rosewood neck on that, you'd basically have Ritchie Blackmore's fav Strat.

Without the black tone controls and such, of course.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Basically man the 70's weren't considered a great time for strats, so despite being vintage your looking at around 2 - 3 grand as the reputation just isn't great

However the whole vintage guitar thing gets more and more popular so you could see a real spike in the price of this guitr in years to come

Quote by BR0THERALEX
MADE IN USA.

SERIAL NUMBER S894804

does anybody know what this number decodes to?

It was made in 1978.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
thank you!

i think a saw one just like mine at guitarcenter.com for $8,000 or more.

does anybody know who else sells vintage guitars so i can check the price?
Last edited by BR0THERALEX at Sep 16, 2008,
I just found the original sales reciept, original tools, manual, hangtag, bridge cover.

Is that worth anything extra to the value?
You're not going to get a good assessment over the internet. No reputable store is going to do an online appraisal.
Go to a shop and ask them. Usually it's free or just a few bucks, and they'll give you a signed paper with the value for your insurance company.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I would say that a 1978 Strat is not worth 10k.

It's a boat anchor.

The most valuble "big headstock" strats are the 68/69 because of the Hendrix connection.

Next would be the ones up to mid 1973 - towards the end of the year they changed the pickups and some other things. You will notice the poles are flat, not staggered on these.

Next would be a white 1979 Anniversary that was not cracked. There was a problem with the paint on these and there were a few white ones that didn't crack, they're really rare (although they're pretty bad guitars). The cracked white would still be worth more then a silver one.

Your guitar is worth between 1200 and 2500.
Quote by BR0THERALEX
I just found the original sales reciept, original tools, manual, hangtag, bridge cover.

Is that worth anything extra to the value?

The fact that you have this stuff will help you greatly. I'm guessing you are the original owner? That is amazing man. I'm lucky if I keep one of my strats for over 2 years.
Quote by SenorSmiley
I would say that a 1978 Strat is not worth 10k.

It's a boat anchor.

The most valuble "big headstock" strats are the 68/69 because of the Hendrix connection.

Next would be the ones up to mid 1973 - towards the end of the year they changed the pickups and some other things. You will notice the poles are flat, not staggered on these.

Next would be a white 1979 Anniversary that was not cracked. There was a problem with the paint on these and there were a few white ones that didn't crack, they're really rare (although they're pretty bad guitars). The cracked white would still be worth more then a silver one.

Your guitar is worth between 1200 and 2500.

this guy knows what hes talking about.
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
1970 Strat eggshell white S 980670 what is it worth? also it dose have a rosewood neck.she is in very good cond.
Last edited by virgbarber69 at Nov 9, 2015,
About $2k in excellent, unplayed, all original condition. She has some collector value because she looks a bit Jimi, but not highly collectible.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
i dont have an info

but two days ago i saw one in auction hunters (yeah not that best show to get info from )

and they sold one from the same year for around 3200$ to normans guitar shop
please ignore my username
Everything about strats in the '70's was about 'Pre-CBS' vs. 'CBS Crap.'

It has taken some real pushing, lots of revisionist history and maybe a mindwipe or two from vintage dealers to get CBS-era strats back from the grave of being considered wood chipper fodder to a current position of being mildly "whoa, dude!"

I'm still trying to squint at the differences between a Squier and a MIA and figure out why one is really worth more.