For my ibanez artcore, im looking for some new pickups, im not liking the sound of the stock pickups anymore, so im thinking right now of a duncan pearly gates in the bridge and a duncan jazz in the neck. Any other suggestions are welcome. I play alot of classic and psychadelic rock. My main influences are AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, and Aerosmith
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
What don't you like about them? With the valve junior I would think you would be able to get a pretty nice classic rock tone with just about any pickups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
A P-90, and a medium output alnico humbucker.
A phat cat bridge, jazz neck would work.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
i do get a really good classic rock tone, theres just something lacking with the stock pickups, especially my clean tone with my VJ
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
The clean tone may be the VJs fault, I couldn't imagine getting a very good clean from such a low wattage amp. What does the clean lack? Do you use your neck pup for cleans?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
WCR Godwood set or a Fillmore set. those pickups are killer.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i mainly use the neck pickup for cleans, but when i use the bridge pickup its way to bright and higher pitched, and when im playing lead with the bridge pickup, anything on my high e and b strings is way to bright/higher sounding. Im looking for a good all around pickup set.
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by lansmitchell
A phat cat bridge, jazz neck would work.

Yes, but swap them: Phat Cat neck, Jazz bridge. The bridge Cat doesn't have enough output to stand up to a neck Jazz (or almost any other neck humbucker).
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.