Do you guys think this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB2S_pcx-oA

..is too difficult for me to try with only 1 year & 2 mo's experience? I've been playing guitar altogether that long and electric only since june.

The verse riff is just too hard for me to get to sound good, and the fast solo part is just impossible for me. Its like I can DO it, but it sounds like ass, which makes me not even want to practice it.

I can play simple acoustic songs but any "heavy" songs I suck at.

Same thing with my curse by killswitch, I can't get the intro riff to sound good with distortion, I can play it okay with it off.

The only electric riff I can do well is sweet child for some reason, only cause I've been practicing it once a day for like 6 mo's

advice?

am I biting off more than I can chew for my skill level? I just want to be good already dammit

I'd make a vid of my attempt at this song but its not worth posting at all. Here's a vid of something I can almost handle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS068tK5p34

EDIT: oh yea let me also add that for the last 4 months, I've had mild tendonitis messing up my practice times. I usually don't push it more than a few hours a day (2-3) on the electric and no more than an hour TOPS on the acoustic.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Sep 7, 2008,
How long are you practicing per day?

Try to practice the riff over and over, any time you even think about doing anything just go and try the riff very slowly. After like a week or two you should have it down probably.
I just gave it another shot. I suppose i'll get better with time.

Its just hard to kill the note without it kinda buzzing away. Like I need to discipline myself to let off the chord quickly so I don't get that half-pressed buzz sound which is far worse when the gain is high. And I guess you mix that with a sort of palm mute.

Its a hard chord though, it hurts my hand cause of the stretch from 5 to 8 and you have to barre with your pinky on the --588 chord
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah